Case 10: Akako Joins The Team

In class, Kaito handed a piece of paper containing Professor Agasa's address to Akako. 
Kaito:"After school, come to this address, and I'll introduce you to the others" 
Akako:"Okay" 
After giving the paper to Akako, Kaito went to talk to Saguru. 
Akako:"Why didn't he invite me to go there together with him?" 
After school, Akako went home first to change her clothes, then she headed to the address given. When she arrived in front of the house, Akako opened the door and went in, but she didn’t see anyone except Haibara, who was cooking. 
Akako:"Excuse me, Kuroba-kun..... There's no one here" 

Haibara, hearing what Akako just said, replied. 
Haibara:"Kuroba-kun and the others went to the Poirot café" 
Akako:"He told me to come here, yet he isn’t here" 
Akako:"If you don’t mind me asking, when will they be back?" 
Haibara:"I don't know, if you want to catch up with them, go ahead, but it's up to you if you want to wait for them" 
Akako chuckled a little at the little girl's response. 
Akako:"Can I know your name, little girl?" 
Haibara:"Haibara Ai in this form, but my real name is Miyano Shiho, and my actual age is 18, so I'm not a little girl" 

Akako:'Shiho? So she's the one Kuroba-kun was talking about' 
Akako:"I'm Koizumi Akako from Kaito Kid's team, nice to meet you" 
Akako and Haibara then started chatting since their personalities were quite similar, and they felt compatible with each other, quickly becoming close. Not long after, someone energetically opened the entrance door; it was Masumi. 
Masumi:"Hello everyone... Oh, there's no one here" 
Masumi then looked at Haibara and Akako, who were laughing and chatting. 
Masumi:"Shiho-nee, where are the others? And who is the girl with you?" 
Haibara:"Kudo-kun, Felix, and the guys are gathered at the Poirot café" 

Masumi:"Is Shuu-nii there too?" 
Haibara:"Yes" 
Masumi:"Will they be okay?" 
Haibara:"Don't worry, Kudo-kun, Haneda-san, and Felix are there to prevent anything from happening, plus they're there to explain to Bourbon what happened to Scotch" 
Masumi:"Kichi-nii there too? Then I don't have to worry" 
Haibara:"And this girl is Koizumi Akako; she's Kuroba-kun's friend" 
Akako:"Nice to meet you" 
Masumi:"Nice to meet you, I'm Sera Masumi" 
Masumi:"By the way, what are you two talking about? It seems fun" 
Akako:"But this is a girl talk" 
Masumi:"I'm also a girl too" 

Akako was immediately surprised and looked at Haibara. 
Akako:"Huh?" 
Haibara:"She really is a girl" 
Haibara then looked at Masumi and advised her. 
Haibara:"Next time, try wearing something more feminine if you don't want to be mistaken for a boy" 
Haibara:"At this rate, how do you expect to win Felix's heart?" 
Masumi's face turned bright red upon hearing that. 
Masumi:"Why are we suddenly talking about Felix? Shiho-nee, when are you going to confess your feelings to Shinichi-kun?" 
Haibara's face also flushed, and she quickly turned away. Meanwhile, Akako watched both of them with a smile. 
Akako:"Ara ara"

Haibara:"Akako, stop smiling so much, what about you?" 
Akako:"What’s wrong with me?" 
Masumi:"Oh, I remember, Felix once told me that you went on a date with Kaito last week" 
Haibara:"Ah, Kudo-kun also mentioned that to me, so what happened after that?" 
This time, it was Akako who turned bright red, while Haibara and Masumi laughed at her. At the same time, in Poirot Café, Felix, Conan, and Kaito sneezed simultaneously. 
Azusa:"Are you three coming down with the flu?" 
Kaito:"No, it seems like someone is talking about us" 
Subaru:"As for Felix, it’s clear that it’s Masumi talking about him" 

Subaru:"As for you two, who knows which girl is talking about you" 
Kaito and Conan immediately looked offended while Felix and the others laughed. 
Conan & Kaito:"Hey! What does that mean?" 
Felix:"What he means is, since you both are playboys, we don’t know which one is talking about you" 
Kaito & Conan:"HEY!" 
Back at Professor's house, the three girls were still blushing and acting a bit awkward. Until Masumi caught a whiff of something. 
Masumi:"Do you smell something burning?" 
Akako:"Oh, that’s true" 
Haibara quickly looked at the food she was cooking, and it turned out that it was the source of the burnt smell. 

Not long after, the frying pan used for cooking caught fire, and the three of them immediately searched for a fire extinguisher, but couldn’t find one. 
Masumi:"Shiho-nee, I can't find the fire extinguisher anywhere, is there any tool created by Professor that can be used to put out the fire?" 
Haibara:"As far as I remember, there isn't. Akako, aren’t you a witch? Can’t you use one of your spells to extinguish the fire?" 
Akako:"I don’t know a spell for that, why don’t we just use water?" 
Haibara:"We can’t, there’s too much oil in the food, adding water will just make the fire bigger" 
Masumi:"Found it" 
Masumi then threw a white powder towards the fire, and finally, the fire was extinguished. 

Haibara:"Thank goodness, what did you use?" 
Masumi:"Baking soda, I remember Kichi-nii saying this can be used to put out fires" 
The three of them then sat back down in relief, and when they looked at each other, they burst out laughing because their faces and bodies were blackened from the smokes. Not long after that, Conan and the others returned to the house. They were shocked to see the messy condition of the house. 
Subaru:"Whoa, what happened here?" 
They then looked at the three girls who were laughing together.

Kaito:"Akako, what are you doing here?" 
Akako:"Didn’t you ask me to come? So why aren't you here?" 
Kaito:"Hehe, sorry" 
Felix:"Masumi, what are you doing here?" 
Masumi:"I just came to hang out hehe" 
Conan:"Can I join? Haibara, what are you doing here?" 
Haibara then stared at Conan with a flat expression. 
Haibara:"Didn’t you already know that I live here?" 
Conan:"Just kidding hehe" 
Agasa:"So, what actually happened here?" 
Haibara then explained what happened, after which the three girls went to clean themselves up, while the guys cleaned up the mess, except for Felix, since he still hadn't fully recovered. 
Kaito:"Why do we have to clean up the mess they made?"

Conan:"If you want to complain, complain to Haibara" 
Kaito:"No, thanks, I still want to live" 
Felix:"Hang in there, everyone" 
Kaito:"He has it easy not having to help to clean" 
Subaru:"Complain to Masumi about that one" 
Kaito:"I already told you I still want to live, so no, thanks" 
After they finished cleaning up and the girls were done showering, Kaito then introduced Akako to the other team members. By the way, Saguru, Heiji, and Eisuke were also there, so let’s not forget them.

Next chapter: Conan & Haibara moment........... Maybe