Case 24: Breakup

When Felix, Kaito, and Eisuke returned to Professor Agasa's house, their friends had already gathered there, and Shinichi and Shiho were sitting very close to each other, both with flushed faces. 
Shinichi:"Felix, where have you been? Why did you suddenly leave so suddenly?" 
Felix was silent and looked at Kaito and Eisuke, the three of them then had the same expression. 
Felix:"That's not important" 
Felix:"Since we're all gathered here, how about we play something?" 
Saguru:"Sounds good, but what do you want to play?" 
Felix:"How about Truth or Dare?" 
They all agreed and went inside the house to play. 

They sat in a circle on the floor with a bottle in the center. Kaito then spun the bottle, and it stopped pointing at Akako and Eisuke. 
Eisuke:"Akako-chan, Truth or Dare?" 
Akako:"Truth" 
Eisuke:"Then, what's something you deeply regret up to this point?" 
Akako:"What I regret is using my magic on Kaito-kun and causing him to get hurt" 
Kaito:"Didn't I already forgive you for that?" 
Akako:"Still, I feel guilty towards you" 
Akako:"But that's not something to discuss right now" 
Akako then spun the bottle again, and it stopped pointing at Masumi and Kaito. 
Kaito:"Masumi, ToD?" 
Masumi:"Dare, I'm not afraid" 

Kaito then smiled upon hearing that. 
Kaito:"Kiss Felix" 
Masumi and Felix's faces immediately turned red, and the others just laughed. 
Shinichi:"Masumi, why are you just sitting there? Hurry up and kiss him, you said you weren't afraid" 
Masumi quickly kissed Felix on the cheek and returned to her spot with a still flushed face. 
Masumi:"There, Kaito didn't say where to kiss" 
Kaito:"That's true, but I thought you'd be like Shinichi and Shiho earlier" 
Shinichi & Shiho:"HEY!!" 
This time it was Shinichi and Shiho's turn to turn red. Masumi then spun the bottle again, and it stopped pointing at Shinichi and Felix. 

Shinichi:"I choose truth" 
Felix:"I haven't even asked yet" 
Felix:"So, if you had to choose, would you pick Ran or Shiho?" 
Shinichi fell silent but then answered. 
Shinichi:"Didn't you already heard what i said earlier? Of course I will choose Shiho" 
Felix:"Then you need to talk to Ran and explain to her" 
Shinichi:"I will dk it soon, but why are you suddenly bringing this up?" 
Felix:"I'll be honest with you, Ran saw you kissed Shiho, and I went to chase after her earlier" 
Shinichi and Shiho were then shocked. 
Shiho:"WHAT???" 
Felix and Kaito then explained everything to them, and Shiho felt guilty again, but this time Shinichi held Shiho's hand to reassure her. 
Shinichi:"Okay, I'll take care of my problems with Ran as soon as possible" 

They then set that issue aside and continued the game. The game ended with flushed faces and endless laughter. The next day, they returned to school since the situation was safe. Ran came to school with a sad expression and kept insisting she was fine when anyone asked. Shinichi, seeing Ran like that, felt guilty, but he will not change his mind. He then spoke to Shiho and the others before walking towards Ran. 
Shinichi:"Wish me luck" 

Shinichi then approached Ran. 
Shinichi:"Ran, can we talk?" 
Ran just nodded and followed wherever Shinichi led her. 
Shinichi:"Ran" 
Shinichi:"I want to talk about..." 
Ran:"About Miyano-san, right? I saw you two yesterday" 
Ran immediately started crying after saying that. 
Ran:"She's not just a partner, is she?" 
Shinichi:"That's right, I'm sorry Ran" 
Ran:"You don't need to apologize, if you want us to break up, just say it" 
Shinichi:"Ran, I'm sorry" 
Ran:"I already told you not to apologize!" 
Shinichi:"But I still want to be friends with you" 
Ran:"Alright" 
Shinichi was surprised by Ran's quick response. 
Shinichi:"Really?" 
Ran:"But with one condition"

Ran:"Can you tell me about your secrets?" 
Shinichi:"Sigh, alright" 
Shinichi then told Ran everything, starting from when he became Conan because of APTX, to meeting Haibara, or Shiho, up to the present moment. After Ran heard this, she started crying again and immediately hugged Shinichi. 
Ran:"So that's how it is" 
Ran:"Now everything makes sense" 
Shinichi:"I'm sorry, Ran, I didn't mean to lie to you or hide this from you" 
Shinichi:"I really wanted to tell you, but I didn't want you to be in danger too" 
Ran:"I understand, thank you Shinichi" 
Ran:"Thank you for being willing to share all this with me" 
Shinichi then gently stroked Ran's back to calm her down. 

Ran:"Shinichi, can I ask you one more thing?" 
Shinichi:"Yes?" 
Ran:"You just mentioned that Miyano-san shrank and became Ai-chan, but you didn't tell me who she really is" 
Shinichi:"I don't know if I should tell you this" 
Ran:"Please, Shinichi" 
Shinichi then sighed and told Ran about Shiho's true identity, explaining that Shiho was the one who created the poison that made him shrink. He also talked about Akemi and Shiho's parents. After hearing Shinichi's story, Ran immediately released her hug and ran towards the classroom. 

Meanwhile, in the classroom, Shiho and the others were worried about Shinichi and Ran. They were then shocked when Ran ran into the classroom crying. 
Sonoko:"Ran, what happened to you?" 
Ran didn't answer and walked straight towards Shiho. 
Kaito:"Ah, this seems like it will end badly" 
Kaito and the team wanted to try to protect Shiho from Ran, but Shiho stopped them. 
Shiho:"This is our problem, whatever happens, don't interfere" 
Shiho then stood up and faced Ran, preparing for the worst, but it turned out that Ran was not angry with her and instead hugged her. 

This surprised everyone, even Shiho. 
Shiho:"Mouri-san?" 
Ran:"I'm sorry" 
Not long after, Shinichi arrived at the classroom, and he was also surprised by what was happening. 
Heiji:"Shinichi, what happened?" 
Shinichi:"I told Ran about all of us" 
Felix and the others:"WHAT!!??" 
Shinichi:"Sorry, but Ran forced me" 
Shinichi:"So, what's going on here?" 
Kaito:"I don't know, Ran just hugged Shiho when she came back into this classroom" 
They all then looked back at Ran, who was still crying on Shiho's shoulder. 
Ran:"I'm sorry Miyano-san, I shouldn't have said something like that to you, I didn't know you had already lost so much" 

Shiho:"You don't need to apologize, Mouri-san, I understand your feelings" 
Ran:"No, I still want to apologize to you" 
Shiho then returned Ran's hug. 
Shiho:"Alright, I forgive you" 
Ran:"Thank you" 
Ran:"I've also let go of Shinichi for you, so don't worry" 
Shiho:"Thank you, Mouri-san" 
Ran:"Just call me Ran, I want to be friends with you" 
Ran looked at Shiho and smiled, and Shiho returned the smile. 
Shiho:"Alright, Ran" 
Everyone in the classroom smiled at the scene, even though most of them didn't know what was happening. 
Felix:"I'm glad this ended well" 
Kaito:"Yeah" 
Felix:"Don't celebrate too soon, Kaito, you still need to resolve your issues with Aoko" 
Kaito immediately panicked upon hearing that. 
Kaito:"Shit, I forgot about that"