Case 3: Dead End Murder Case

After Felix and Subaru left, Conan immediately contacted his trusted fellow detective, Hatori Heiji.
Heiji:"Yo Kudo, what's up calling me at night like this?"
Conan:"Do you still remember our conversation this morning about the person attacking the organization?"
Heiji:"Yeah, do you know who that person is?"
Conan:"Not only do I know, but we also met him"
Heiji:"So what happened?"
Conan:"He said he would help us, and he also gave us some very important information"
Conan:"I've sent it to your email"
Heiji:"Wait, let me check it first"
Heiji:"Are you sure we can trust him?"

Conan:"For now, it seems we can trust him"
Conan:"That's all I wanted to tell you, be careful"
Heiji:"You too"
After Conan finished the call with Heiji, Haibara woke up.
Conan:"You're awake?"
Haibara stared blankly for a few seconds, then she looked very angry.
Haibara:"Where's that kid!"
Conan:"Calm down, he already left, and he also gave us some information"
Haibara:"What kind of information?"
Conan:"We now know Rum's identity; he's disguised as a sushi chef working near Uncle Mouri's detective agency"
Haibara:"What?"
Conan:"He also said we don't need to worry about Rum for now"

Conan then handed a flash drive to Haibara.
Conan:"He also left this for you"
Haibara:"What's on it?"
Conan:"The flash drive contains information about the drug created by your parents"
Conan:"Felix said that the drug has effects similar to the apotoxin, so this could help us create the antidote faster"
Conan:"He also said he would help us make the antidote"
Haibara:"Kudo-kun, do you think we can really trust him?"
Conan:"For now, it seems he is on our side"
Conan:"Because even Akai-san trusts him"
Haibara:"Alright, if you say so, I'll go to my lab to check this flash drive"

The next day, when they gathered to go together, Haibara still looked very angry, and Felix felt scared and slightly distanced himself from her.
Mitsuhiko:"Looks like Haibara-san is really angry. Does anyone know why?"
Genta:"Maybe her stomach hurts from eating too much"
Ayumi:"Genta-kun, Ai-chan wouldn't eat too much. She's not you"
Ayumi:"Conan-kun, do you know anything?"
Conan:"She's mad because of Felix"
Mitsuhiko:"Oh, so that's why Felix-kun looks scared all this time"
Ayumi:"What did Felix-kun do?"
Conan didn't answer and just laughed.

Conan:"Haibara, come on, are you still mad about yesterday? Didn't he already apologize?"
Felix:"Conan's right, besides, I helped you guys yesterday"
Haibara then forced a smile with an angry face, and she looked even scarier.
Haibara:"I'm not angry anymore"
Felix:"Alright, I'll buy you a Fusae bag and Higo's autograph as an apology"
Haibara immediately smiled sweetly upon hearing that.
Haibara:"I would gladly forgive you for that"
Felix:"I did it"
Conan patted Felix on the shoulder while laughing.
Conan:"Good job, buddy"

As they were casually walking to school, they suddenly heard a scream.
Conan:"Ah, shit here we go again"
Haibara & Felix:"Damn Shinigami"
They then ran toward the source of the sound and saw many people surrounding a corpse of a man whose chest was impaled by a long metal rod, which was embedded into the wall of a narrow alley.
Conan:"This is really brutal"
Conan, Haibara, and Felix then examined the body for clues.
Haibara:"Looking at the dried blood, it seems he died earlier this morning"
Felix:"Could be even since last night, as it seems no one found him until just a moment ago"

They then noticed some marks on the end of the metal rod.
Conan:"It seems the culprit used a hammer to drive the rod into the wall"
Felix then found a hammer near a trash can.
Felix:"I found the hammer"
Not long after, the police finally arrived and took the body down; Conan and the others informed the police about what they found.
Takagi:"The victim's identity is Jugo Amatsuyu, 20 years old, a student at Beika University majoring in Architecture"
Megure:"Have you found a suspect?"
Takagi:"Not yet, Inspector, Chiba and the others are still investigating further"

Megure then noticed a phone in the victim's shirt pocket. When he took the phone out, a piece of paper that looked like a card came out with it.
Megure:"What's this?"
Inside the card, there was a message.
Megure:"This man is trash ~Falco"
Haibara and Conan immediately looked at Felix.
Felix:"It's not me, this time it's not me"
Felix:"Besides, the 'o' is different"
Megure:"Takagi, quickly contact all off-duty officers; this is Falco's doing again"
Takagi:"Falco? Understood"
Felix:"Wait, Inspector, are you sure this is the work of Falcø?"
Megure:"There's no doubt, Falco always leaves cards like this"
Megure:"Who are you?"
Conan:"Ah, he's a new student in our class, and he also loves mysteries"

Megure:"Conan-kun? Aren't you supposed to be in school? Just leave this to the adults"
Conan:"But Felix is right, Inspector. Falcø usually doesn't leave any clues except for the cards and the evidence of the victim, but this time he left a lot of clues"
Conan:"Also, check the name on that card again"
Megure looked again at the name on the card.
Megure:"There's nothing strange here"
Felix:"Look closely, the 'o' is different. The real Falcø's 'o' looks like this ø"
Megure:"Wow, you're right. So this was the work of an impersonator?"

Conan:"Exactly, and it seems the impersonator knew the victim quite well"
Megure:"Why do you say that?"
Felix:"Because of the victim's simple appearance. Looking at the victim's house being very far from here, and there are no minimarkets or stores around, and the time of the incident likely occurred at night when no one was around, it's highly possible that he was actually staying at a friend's or relative's house nearby and are familiar with the area"
Conan:"The culprit likely made the victim drunk or gave him sleeping pills and then brought him here to kill him. We'll just wait for the autopsy results"
Haibara:"If that's true, then we need to track down anyone who had a close relationship with the victim and lived around here"

The police then fell silent, listening to the explanations from the three kids in front of them.
Conan, Felix, & Haibara:"Ack"
Megure:"Sato, Takagi, immediately search for the victim's friends or relatives living nearby"
Sato & Takagi:"Understood"
Ayumi:"Felix-kun, it turns out you're pretty impressive. You can think like Ai-chan and Conan-kun"
Felix:"Hehe, I just got swept up in their situation"
Felix then whispered to Haibara and Conan.
Felix:"Sorry for letting that slip"
Conan:"Me too"
Haibara:"Same here"
Not long after, Takagi and Sato returned with a young man.

Takagi:"Report, we found one person. His name is Kuga Atushi, 23 years old, a student at the same university and major as the victim"
Kuga:"What's going on? Why was I brought here?"
Felix:"Ah!! He was the one who ran away from the scene"
Everyone immediately looked at Felix.
Megure:"Is that true?"
Felix:"Yes, I saw him clearly. I remember his hair very well"
Conan:"Oh yeah, I remember he didn't change clothes at all"
Kuga:"They're lying! They're lying!"
Haibara:"We're not lying. We saw you running earlier"
Kuga:"They're lying, because I was only here last night, and I was wearing a coat and hat so no one would recognize me"

Felix, Conan, and Haibara then smiled.
Felix:"Ah, then we must have mistaken you. But why were you here at night?"
Conan:"And even in disguise?"
Megure:"Can you explain that?"
Kuga:"Ah, damn kids"
Kuga suddenly pushed the police away and took Felix hostage.
Kuga:"Everyone step back, or I'll snap this kid's neck"
Megure:"Okay, okay, don't hurt the kid"
Conan prepared his watch to shoot, but Felix was quicker. Felix easily freed himself from Kuga's grip, then kicked Kuga in the stomach hard enough to knock him out. The police immediately apprehended Kuga and thanked the young detectives, while the young detectives were late for school and were punished by standing in the corridor.
Conan:'I really forgot that we had to go to school'