Case 30: Interrogation

About an hour after the parents arrived, Felix finally woke up. He stretched his body while yawning. 
Yusaku:"Looks like someone is finally awake" 
Felix turned towards the source of the voice and saw the parents eating in the kitchen area. 
Felix:"What are you all doing here?" 
Mary:"Professor called us to inform us about your condition while you were sleeping" 
Felix:"Hmm, okay" 
Felix looked around and saw his friends sleeping in various positions. He smiled when he saw Shinichi and Shiho's sleeping positions. Then he glanced at Masumi, who was sleeping on the floor beside him. 

Felix picked up Masumi and carried her to Professor's bed, which was next to Shiho's bed. The parents smiled at this, and Yukiko, as usual, recorded and took pictures of them. However, before Felix could place Masumi on the bed, Masumi suddenly woke up and looked confused. 
Masumi:"Eh?" 
Her face turned red when she realized that Felix was carrying her like a princess. 
Masumi:"Felix, put me down" 
Felix:"Okay" 
Felix put Masumi down, and they joined the parents in chatting. Not long after, Akako woke up and joined the conversation, then Shinichi and Shiho woke up with flushed faces when they realized their sleeping positions. 

The last ones to wake up were the boys who were tangled up together. They woke up in a chaotic state. After everyone had woken up, they decided to have lunch before heading to the central police headquarters. Once they arrived at the central police headquarters, they met Subaru and the others in front of the interrogation room. 
Shinichi:"So, what are the results?" 
Subaru and the others shook their heads. 
Subaru:"We didn't get any information from them" 
Kuroda:"No matter what we tried, not a single one of them would say anything" 
Masumi:"Even Papa couldn't make them talk?" 

Megure and the police immediately turned to Kuroda. 
Police:"Papa?" 
Meanwhile, Kuroda looked at Masumi with a bit of confusion. 
Kuroda:"Who are you again?" 
Subaru:"This is Masumi, didn't I tell you about her? How can you still not know?" 
Kuroda:"Sorry, I'm still struggling to remember because of the accident back then" 
Masumi:"Shu-nii, didn't you also forget me when we first met?" 
Subaru:"Hehe" 
Kuroda then held Masumi's shoulders. 
Kuroda:"So you're Masumi, huh? How are Shukichi and Mary?" 
Masumi:"They're both doing fine" 
Kuroda:"Thank goodness" 

Felix:"Um, can I try interrogating them?" 
Subaru and the other intelligence agents who heard that were immediately shocked. 
Subaru:"Eh, are you sure?" 
Felix:"Yeah, is it allowed?" 
Takagi:"It's fine, but there's a high chance they'll still remain silent" 
Felix:"Don't worry" 
Felix smiled, then he entered the interrogation room. Meanwhile, Shinichi and the others went into the observation room right next to the interrogation room. They watched Felix ask the police inside to leave and let him handle it alone. 
Kuroda:"Shuichi, are you sure about this kid?" 
Subaru:"I'm currently being Subaru, and don't worry" 
Subaru:"Felix always manages to get information from anyone, even though his methods are pretty terrifying" 

Shinichi:"How terrifying?" 
Subaru:"Pretty terrifying, so it's better if you don't watch" 
Shinichi and the others saw Subaru and the other agents looking uncomfortable. They then looked back into the interrogation room through the one-way glass. They saw Felix winking before covering the glass with something so they couldn't see inside anymore. 
Shiratori:"What is he doing?" 
James:"It seems he doesn't want us to see his interrogation methods" 
Minutes passed, and they still couldn't see inside the interrogation room; they also didn't hear any sounds coming from that room. 

Saguru:"What is he actually doing? I don't hear anything" 
Subaru:"Just be patient and wait" 
A few more minutes passed, and still nothing happened. Until about 10 minutes later, the person being interrogated by Felix suddenly started speaking, and from his tone, he sounded very scared. 
BO:"Alright, alright, I'll talk, I'll talk, please stop" 
BO:"I beg you, I'll tell you everything I know, so please forgive me" 
Shinichi and the others were immediately startled upon hearing the scared voice of the Black Organization's member. 

Shiho:"What is he actually doing in there?" 
Not long after, Felix opened the glass cover he had put up, and Shinichi and the others could see Felix smiling, while the person he had interrogated was cowering in the corner of the room, looking very scared and mumbling something. There were no injuries on the person's body, so they assumed Felix didn't use violent methods. Felix then spoke to them through the one-way glass. 
Felix:"He'll answer all your questions now; I will leave the interrogation to you" 
Felix then left the interrogation room, and Shinichi and the others also exited their room. 

Kuroda immediately asked his subordinates to continue the interrogation as they walked towards Felix. 
Sato:"What did you actually do? We didn't hear any sounds from the room, but you managed to make him talk" 
Chiba:"That's right, you even made him that scared, while all the methods we tried earlier had no effect at all" 
Felix:"I covered the glass because I didn't want you to know" 
Felix:"People like you shouldn't use the methods I just did" 
Subaru:"You're saying that, but the real reason is that you just didn't want Masumi to find out, right?" 

Takagi:"People like us? Who are you actually?" 
Felix then smiled at Takagi. 
Felix:"I'm just a high school student who loves mysteries and got caught up in a dangerous situation" 
They then went to the office cafeteria while letting the police interrogate the person. 
Eisuke:"Felix-kun, why didn't you continue interrogating the person and instead handed that task over to the police?" 
Felix:"He wouldn't answer my questions in that state; he'd just keep getting scared if I was there" 
Felix:"Honestly, I didn't expect him to be that scared; after all, I only..." 
Masumi:"Only what?" 
Felix:"Nothing, forget it" 

They all spent time in the office cafeteria while waiting for the interrogation process to finish. About half an hour later, Subaru and Kuroda approached them. 
Heiji:"So, what are the results?" 
Subaru:"That guy said their hideouts are in Tottori and Nagano, but he didn't know which hideout Karasuma and Rum were in. It seems they're just low-ranking members; they didn't even know the name of their own boss" 
Shinichi:"We can ask those three for help to investigate the hideout in Nagano" 
Kuroda:"I was thinking the same thing" 
Eisuke:"Those three? Who are you referring to?" 

Shiho:"Inspector Yamato Kansuke, Inspector Morofushi Takaaki, and Detective Uehara Yui, Nagano Prefectural Police" 
Kaito:"What about the hideout in Tottori?" 
Shinichi:"That's the problem; we don't have anyone there" 
Shinichi:"By the way, Felix, is your tracker still active?" 
Felix:"It is; they're currently stopping in Gunma" 
Shinichi let out a sigh of relief upon hearing that. 
Shinichi:"I'm grateful their hideout isn't in Gunma because we can't ask for the police's help there" 
Heiji:"I agree" 

Author note: 
Guess where you think their hideout is?