Chapter 23: Don't Just Trust What You Only See

The next day after the terrorist attack, school was canceled because the teachers were worried that there would be another attack. While Shiho was relaxing at Professor's house, she heard the sounds of Felix and Shinichi arguing outside. Feeling disturbed by their noise, she walked out of the house intending to scold them. 
Shiho:"I'm trying to relax here, can you both argue somewhere else?" 
However, when Shiho opened the door, she was shocked by what she saw. She saw Felix pointing a pistol directly at Shinichi's head. 
Felix:"Goodbye, Kudo Shinichi" 
Felix then pulled the trigger and shot Shinichi in the head. 

Shinichi's body fell instantly with red liquid flowing from his head. 
Shiho:"Shinichi!!!" 
Shiho immediately ran and hugged Shinichi's body while crying, then looked at Felix. 
Shiho:"Felix, why did you do this?" 
Felix smiled. 
Felix:"Why? I wonder why? Um... maybe because I'm tired of playing friends with you" 
Felix:"Joining the Black Organization seems much more interesting to me" 
Shiho:"You betrayed us? We all trusted you!" 
Felix:"That was your mistake" 
Shiho:"What about Kaito and Masumi?" 
Felix:"Of course, I lied to both of them too, and it was very easy" 
Shiho:"But Kaito considers you as his bestfriend and Masumi really loves you!" 
Felix:"I don't care about that" 

Felix then walked closer to Shiho and held her hand. 
Felix:"My job now is to bring you back to the organization" 
Shiho then slapped Felix's hand hard. 
Shiho:"DON'T TOUCH ME!" 
Felix then pulled out his gun and pointed it at Shiho. 
Felix:"I suggest you to come with me, or I will be forced to kill you too" 
His threat doesn't scare Shiho at all; instead, she did the same thing she did to the terrorists yesterday. She brought Felix's pistol right to her head. 
Shiho:"Just kill me!" 
Shiho:"First nee-san, now Shinichi, why do you always take the lives of the most precious person in my life?" 

Shiho's cries grew louder. 
Shiho:"If you really want to kill me, just do it! Don't take anyone else's life again" 
Shiho:"I beg you, just kill me! Without Shinichi, I won't have the strength to live in this world anymore" 
Shiho:"Please, quickly kill me so I can be with Shinichi and nee-san again" 
Even though Shiho pleaded and cried to him, Felix did not pull the trigger. Instead, he handed the gun to Shiho. 
Felix:"If you really want to die, why don't you just kill yourself? I don't like killing people who have given up on their own lives" 

Shiho:"Wait, please kill me; if I kill myself, I won't have the courage to meet Shinichi and nee-san in the afterlife" 
Felix:"Do you really think I care?" 
Felix then turned his back on Shiho. Shiho, still crying hard, looked at the gun in her hands. She then put the gun in her mouth and closed her eyes. 
Shiho:'Nee-san, Shinichi, I'll be with you soon, I hope you can forgive me for this' 
As Shiho prepared to pull the trigger, she felt a warm hand stroke hers, stopping her. 

When she opened her eyes, she saw that the hand belonged to Shinichi. Then she saw that Shinichi was still alive. 
Shinichi:"Now, you know how I always feel?" 
Shiho then immediately hugged Shinichi's body tightly. 
Shiho:"You're still alive?" 
Shinichi returned Shiho's embrace and stroked her back. 
Shinichi:"Of course, I'm still alive because this is all just an act" 
Shiho:"What do you mean?" 
Shinichi:"You always talk about death, and you always look for ways to leave this world without caring about what I say or how I feel"

Shinichi:"I asked Felix for help with this so that you could understand how I feel every time I see you in danger" 
Shiho:"But, I did all of this for you, if I'm gone, you can get back together with Mouri-san" 
Shinichi:"I'd rather not be with Ran at all if I have to lose you! " 
Shiho:"But..... But....... " 
Shinichi then immediately kissed Shiho on the lips to silence her. After a few seconds, Shinichi pulled away from the kiss. 
Shinichi:"I love you, Shiho, so please don't go anywhere, stay by my side" 
Shiho was still crying, but she could still respond. 
Shiho:"I love you too, Shinichi" 
They then kissed again. 

Not far from them, Felix, who was still there, was taking pictures and recording the moment. 
Felix:"Good thing I don't have to act anymore" 
While Felix was busy recording, he heard a sound from the direction of the gate. When he looked toward the gate, he was shocked. 
Felix:"Shit!"
Felix saw Ran standing outside the gate, holding back tears as she looked at Shinichi and Shiho. Beside Ran was Kaito, covering his mouth with both hands. Felix pointed toward Ran and then at Kaito, and Kaito made a gesture like he was apologizing. Kaito then pointed at Felix, then at Shinichi and Shiho, and made a questioning gesture. 

Felix then explained what had happened using hand gestures. After Felix finished explaining, he and Kaito looked at Ran. They both nodded at each other and prepared to run away from that place. They counted to three with their hands before they dashed off. But Ran ran away from there crying before Felix and Kaito could escape. Kaito pointed at Felix, but Felix shook his head and pointed back at Kaito. Kaito also shook his head, but then they both sighed and chased after Ran together. Ran, having run quite fast, accidentally bumped into Eisuke, causing Eisuke to fall. 

But Ran didn’t pay attention to Eisuke and continued running. Felix and Kaito, who were chasing after Ran, helped Eisuke up. Felix then showed Eisuke the video of Shinichi and Shiho kissing. Eisuke was shocked and pointed toward Ran, who was running away; Felix and Kaito nodded. The three of them then chased after Ran. Meanwhile, Ran was still running without caring about anything, heading toward the road where a truck was speeding toward her. Felix and Kaito then pushed Eisuke so he could run faster. 
Eisuke:"Ran-san, watch out!" 
Eisuke managed to pull Ran away just in time, and they all sighed in relief. 

Ran then realized and wiped her tears away. 
Ran:"Ah, Eisuke-kun, thank you" 
Eisuke:"Are you okay? I can accompany you if you want" 
Ran:"I'm fine, and no need, I can walk by myself" 
Ran then carefully crossed the road and walked toward her house. Kaito and Felix then walked toward Eisuke. 
Kaito:"Why didn't you walk her home?" 
Eisuke:"She didn't want me to, so I didn't want force her, besides her house is close" 
Felix:"You should have stayed with her, you're so clueless Eisuke" 
Kaito:"Yeah, right" 
Eisuke:"Kaito, you're the same as me" 
Kaito:"I guess" 
The three of them then left Ran alone and headed back to Professor's house.