Case 36: Their Weddings

A few days had passed since the victory celebration, and the marriage proposal had happened. Shinichi and the team finally returned to school normally, or at least that’s what they hoped. However, the reality was that as soon as they stepped onto the school grounds, the students immediately surrounded them, congratulating them and cheering. Even some teachers joined in to congratulate them about their marriage proposal a few days earlier. 
Kaito:"What is this? How did they find out about our marriage proposal?" 
Shinichi thought for a moment, then sighed. 
Shinichi:"It must be Sonoko; she must have spread the news all over the school" 
Kaito:"Ah, you're right, I forgot she was at that celebration too" 

Felix:"Before you blame someone else, you might want to ask your fiancées first" 
Shiho:"Why us?" 
Akako:"That's right, what’s wrong with us?" 
Felix:"Do you not realize what you're wearing on your fingers?" 
Shiho and Akako then looked at their hands and realized they were wearing the rings given to them by Shinichi and Kaito during the proposal. Their faces turned slightly red. 
Shiho:"Oh" 
Shiho:"But we're not the only ones wearing them; Masumi must be doing the same" 
Masumi then showed both of her hands, and there were no rings on her fingers. 

Akako:"Hey, why aren’t you wearing it?" 
Masumi:"I’m not wearing it, but I’m carrying it" 
Masumi:"Because I can’t wear it on school grounds" 
Shiho:"Alright, alright" 
Shiho and Akako then took off and stored their rings. Despite that, when they got to class, Shinichi and Kaito still scolded Sonoko for telling their classmates about the proposal. Ran initially tried to stop Sonoko, but she gave up when she saw more and more people gathering, and while Shinichi and Kaito scolded Sonoko, Ran just smiled and didn't want to interfere. 

A few months later, just as the summer break began, Felix and Masumi announced their wedding date. They planned to marry in the middle of summer break, and this shocked Shinichi and the others. 
Heiji:"Are you serious about wanting to get married that quickly?" 
Eisuke:"That's right, aren’t you both still young? We haven't even graduated yet" 
Masumi:"Of course we’re serious, is there a problem?" 
Saguru:"Of course there’s a problem; you two are still in school" 
Felix:"That’s not a problem; besides, there’s no rule at our school prohibiting students from getting married" 
Shiho:"That may be true, but…" 
Shiho:"Masumi, what does your family think about this? You’ve told them, right?" 

Masumi:"Of course we told them, and they have no problem with it" 
Akako:"What about the school?" 
Felix:"Of course we’ll continue our studies until we graduate" 
Kaito:"Alright then" 
Kaito and Shinichi then patted Felix’s shoulders and smiled. 
Shinichi:"Then congratulations, but you better choose us as your groomsmen" 
Kaito:"That's right; if not, we’ll ask Akako to curse your wedding" 
Akako:"Hey, don’t involve me in that" 
Felix then smiled at all of them. 
Felix:"Thank you, and you don’t need to worry about that" 

Masumi:"Shiho-nee, Akako-chan, you also don’t need to worry; you’ll be my bridesmaids at the wedding" 
Shiho:"That's good" 
They all then enjoyed the rest of the day having fun because the next day they would all have to start helping with preparations for Felix and Masumi’s wedding. 
Kaito:"Wow, this is the second time I’m helping with someone else’s wedding in a year" 
Shinichi:"Don’t worry; this won't be the last time" 
Kaito:"I know that" 
Kaito:"Hey, Shinichi, want to make a bet? Who do you think will get married first between us after Felix?" 
Shinichi:"Sure" 

Felix:"I bet Shinichi will get married first" 
Masumi:"I also choose Shinichi" 
Shinichi then flashed a smug smile at Kaito. 
Saguru:"Really? I think Kaito will get married first" 
Eisuke:"I also think Kaito will marry first" 
This time, Kaito smiled at Shinichi. 
Shiho:"Oh, so it’s two to two; since Akako and I can't choose, it’s up to Heiji" 
They all then looked at Heiji. 
Heiji:"Sorry Kaito, but I think Shinichi will get married first" 
Shinichi:"Yosh!" 
They then continued their respective tasks. 

Weeks passed, and all the wedding supplies were ready, and the wedding would be held the next day. The wedding took place in a park around Haido with a black-and-white theme. Many people attended the wedding, even their school friends and teachers were there. They all congratulated Felix and Masumi and wished them both happiness. Mary even cried several times during the wedding ceremony. 
Mary:"Finally, you two are married; you don’t know how long I’ve waited for this to happen" 
Masumi:"Mama!" 
Mary:"What’s wrong?" 
Mary looked at Masumi while smiling, and Masumi immediately hugged her mother while crying. 

Masumi:"Thank you, Mama" 
Masumi:"Masumi is very grateful to you for taking care of me all this time" 
Masumi:"Even when papa is gone, you’ve always taken good care of Masumi, I truly appreciate having you as my mama" 
Masumi:"Once again, thank you, Mama" 
Masumi:"Masumi loves you very much" 
After hearing Masumi's words, Mary began to cry again. Then she returned Masumi's hug and stroked her back. 
Mary:"You’re welcome; no matter what happens, I promise I will always protect you, and I will always be there for you" 
But it wasn’t just the two of them; almost everyone who heard this was also touched and even started crying. (By the way, the author also cried while typing this 😭) 

In the end, the wedding went very well and quite festively. Then, when the summer vacation ended, Masumi and Felix truly returned to school. They all enjoyed their school days until they graduated peacefully. A few months after graduation, it was finally Shinichi and Shiho’s turn to get married, and as usual, Kaito and the others helped with the preparations for the wedding. Their wedding took place on the same date as Shiho’s birthday. Their wedding was very festive, even more so than Felix and Masumi's wedding, because they invited many more people. 

Shiho cried during the marriage vows, and Shinichi asked her. 
Shinichi:"Are you okay?" 
Shiho:"I’m fine; I just thought about my parents and nee-chan, I wish they could come and see me here" 
Yukiko, who heard this, immediately hugged the crying Shiho. 
Yukiko:"Aww, I’m sure they would be very happy to see you happy; I’m sure they must be proud of you" 
Shiho:"Thank you, Yukiko-san" 
Yukiko:"Stop calling me Yukiko-san; from today on, we are family, so I want you to call me Mom" 
Shiho:"Okay, Mom" 

Yukiko and Shiho then smiled, as did Shinichi and Yusaku when they saw the closeness between the two women. A few months after that, it was finally Kaito and Akako’s turn to get married. They planned their wedding with great enthusiasm and joy so that all the guests could have fun because they thought there had already been enough tears during the last two weddings.