Case 9: The Magician Under The Moonlight & The Red Witch

A few days later, Felix had started school, but he was still bandaged up and walking with the help of crutches. He met the Detective Boys. 
Mitsuhiko:"Felix-kun, what happened to you? Haibara-san only said you had a fever" 
Felix:"It was indeed a fever, but it was caused by an accident" 
Ayumi:"Are you okay?" 
Felix:"For now, yes" 
Not long after, they met Conan, Haibara, Ran, Sonoko, and Masumi. 
Conan:"Good morning" 
Ayumi:"Good morning, Conan-kun" 
Masumi smiled at Felix, and Felix returned the smile, while Ran and Sonoko were shocked to see Felix's condition. 
Ran:"What happened to you?" 
Sonoko:"And who are you?" 

Conan:"He's a new transfer student in our class, his name is Felix, and he just had an accident" 
Ran:"That's too bad" 
Not far from them, across the street, Kaito, who was heading out with Aoko, smiled as he watched them. 
Aoko:"Kaito, why are you smiling to yourself like that?" 
Kaito:"Oh, seeing those kids makes me remember our childhood" 
Aoko:"That's true" 
When they arrived in class, their friends were discussing the news about Falcø's death. Akako, who also heard about the news, tried to ask Kaito. 
Akako:"Hey Kuroba-kun, is that news true? Is he really dead?" 

Kaito:"Don't worry, I can't say he's okay, but he's still alive" 
Akako felt relieved upon hearing that, and Saguru, who accidentally overheard their conversation, also felt relieved. 
Saguru:"Thank goodness" 
Kaito:"Saguru, since when did you come back to Japan?" 
Saguru:"About 3 hours, 20 minutes, and 15 seconds ago" 
Hakuba:"I won't be able to help you to the fullest if I'm not in Japan" 
Aoko, who saw them whispering at the back of the class, became curious and approached them. 
Aoko:"It's rare to see you three together, what are you talking about?" 

Saguru and Akako looked at each other and nodded. They then pushed Kaito towards Aoko. 
Kaito:'Damn it' 
Kaito:"Oh, we were discussing Kid's next heist, isn't he going to steal again tonight?" 
Aoko:"If that's the case, then why didn't you invite me? I'm also a member of the team capturing Kaito Kid" 
Kaito:"That's because I thought you were busy, so I didn't invite you" 
Aoko:"Still, you should have included me in your discussion" 
Aoko then scolded Kaito, while Akako and Saguru just laughed at them. 

That night, Kaito, who had successfully stolen a gem, was flying under the moonlight. He aimed the gem towards the moon. 
Kaito:"Looks like this one isn't Pandora either, I need to return it tomorrow" 
Kaito then landed on the roof of a building, and he saw Akako dressed like a witch on the roof. 
Kaito:"Wow, Akako" 
Akako then noticed Kaito and looked at him. 
Akako:"You don't need to be that scared when you see me" 
Kaito:"It's just that every time we meet while I'm Kid, I always end up getting hurt" 
Akako:"Haven't I apologized for that? And don't worry, I just want to look at the moon this time" 
Kaito:"Then why are you wearing that outfit?" 

Akako:"When a witch looks at the full moon, her magical power increases" 
Akako:"I need to boost my power as much as I can because sooner or later, we'll definitely have to fight against that organization" 
Kaito then approached Akako and covered her body with his cloak, changing her outfit into a beautiful red gown. 
Kaito:"You'll get sick if you wear that outfit, a dress like this suits you much better" 
Akako's face immediately turned red, and she looked away. 
Kaito:"And also, thank you" 
Akako:"Thank you for what?"

Kaito:"Thank you for helping us in this fight, even though it's not your battle" 
Akako:"You don't need to thank me, I did this of my own free will" 
Akako:"Haven't I told you before? I'll do anything to make you fall in love with me, so things like this aren't a problem for me" 
Kaito chuckled softly upon hearing Akako's words. 
Kaito:"Suit yourself then" 
The two of them then sat side by side, spending the night admiring the beauty of the moonlight shining brightly. 
Kaito:"Akako, do you want to go on a date with me tomorrow?" 
Akako:"Huh?" 
Kaito:"Just consider it my way of thanking you for helping us, but if you don't want to, that's fine" 

Akako:"I would love to" 
Kaito:"Then see you tomorrow" 
Kaito then disappeared, leaving a red rose near Akako. Akako picked up the rose and smiled. The next day, they walked around Beika city for fun. Akako took Kaito to the places she liked, and they even visited the place where Akako bought the ingredients for her magic potions. Kaito felt a chill when he entered those places, but he also enjoyed exploring with Akako. 

They then visited the aquarium at the end of their trip. They met Heiji and Kazuha while looking at the fish in the aquarium. Heiji then spotted them and called out. 
Heiji:"Yo Shinichi, I didn't know you were here too, and who’s that girl?" 
Kazuha:"Huh? Shinichi-kun is with another girl? I have to tell Ran-chan about this" 
Kazuha immediately called Ran. 
Kazuha:"Ran-chan, it's urgent" 
Kaito:"Heiji, I told you I'm not Shinichi, I'm Kaito, look at my hair" 
Heiji:"Hehe, sorry sorry" 
Kazuha:"Eh, you're not Shinichi-kun?" 
But before Kaito could answer, Ran and Conan came running toward them. 
Ran:"Kazuha-chan, what's going on?" 

Ran was surprised when she saw Kaito, thinking he was Shinichi. 
Ran:"Shinichi! What are you doing here? Didn't you say you had a case in America? And who’s that girl?" 
Kaito:"I'm not Shinichi" 
Ran immediately clenched her fists, ready to punch Kaito. 
Ran:"Oh, so you're still trying to deny it, huh?" 
Fortunately, Conan and Heiji stopped Ran before she could hit Kaito. 
Conan:"Ran-neechan, wait, he really isn't Shinichi-niichan, he's Kaito-niichan" 
Heiji:"Yeah, Ran-san, just relax for a moment, their faces do look alike, but they are different people" 

Ran:"Eh? He's not Shinichi?" 
Kaito:"Let me introduce myself, I'm Kuroba Kaito, many people say I look like Shinichi, but I'm not him" 
Kaito:"And the girl next to me is Koizumi Akako" 
Akako:"Nice to meet you" 
Ran:"Nice to meet you too" 
Ran:"I'm sorry for mistaking you" 
Ran:"Did we interrupt your date?" 
Akako:"Not at all, you don't need to worry" 
Akako then chatted with Ran and Kazuha, while Kaito pulled Conan and Heiji aside a little. 
Kaito:"You two listen, don't tell Felix about this" 
Heiji:"Don't worry" 
Conan then looked at his phone. 
Conan:"I think it's already too late" 
Conan then showed Kaito the screen of his phone. 

On the phone screen, there was a message saying "I already know :b ~Falcø". 
Kaito:"That damn hacker, just wait until I get you" 
Heiji and Conan laughed at Kaito's antics. They then had lunch together before going their separate ways. 
Ran:"See you again, Akako-chan" 
Akako:"See you again, Mouri-san" 
After Akako and Kaito had walked far enough away from them, Akako immediately put on a tired face. 
Akako:"Ugh, dealing with those women is so exhausting, I wonder how Hattori-kun and Kudo-kun can handle them" 
Kaito laughed upon hearing Akako's complaint. 
Kaito:"It seems you and Shiho would get along very well" 
Akako:"Who's Shiho?" 
Kaito:"Oh right, you haven't met the other team members yet, I'll introduce you to them next time"