Case 13: Meeting The Mother-In-Law

Conan, Haibara, and Felix were at Hakase's house as usual. Haibara was typing formulas on her laptop, while Conan was helping Felix modify his sniper. 
Conan:"Right, how did your meeting with your future mother-in-law go last night?" 
Felix:"It went well, at first she thought I was Masumi's kid, and then she laughed at me when she realized that it was actually me" 
Conan immediately laughed upon hearing that, even Haibara, who was focused on her formulas, joined in the laughter. 
Haibara:"Really?" 
Felix:"Really, even though it’s impossible for me and Masumi to have a kid this old when we are still kid ourselves" 

*Flashback*

Last night, Masumi was carrying Felix to meet her mother. 
Felix:"Masumi, can you put me down? This is getting embarrassing, I promise I won’t run away" 
Masumi:"No way, because this might be the last time I can carry you before you go back to your real body" 
Felix:"Alright, alright" 
They arrived in front of Masumi's hotel room, and Masumi rang the bell. Masumi's mother, Mary, who also had a small stature, opened the door. Mary looked at Masumi, who was carrying a child, and thought for a moment. 
Mary:"I didn’t know you had a kid this old" 
Masumi:"What do you mean, Mama? He’s not my child" 
Mary:"Oh? But he looks just like Felix, and you’re carrying him, so I thought he was your child" 

Masumi's face turned red. 
Masumi:"He’s not our child, because this is Felix, and we’ve never done anything like that yet, so I can’t possibly be pregnant" 
Mary:"Not yet?" 
Masumi’s face turned even redder when she realized what she said, and Felix's face also turned slightly pink. They were invited inside, and Masumi quickly ran to make tea, leaving Mary and Felix to talk in the living room. 
Mary:"Is it really you?" 
Felix:"Hi Auntie, long time no see" 
Mary immediately laughed when she realized that Felix was the real deal. 
Mary:"I didn’t expect you to actually shrink" 

Felix:"Aren't you the same?" 
Mary:"At least I’m still older than you" 
Not long after, Masumi returned with her face still red, and Mary was still laughing, while Felix looked a bit annoyed. 
Felix:"So, why did you want to meet me?" 
Mary:"Am I not allowed to meet my son-in-law?" 
Masumi:"Mama! We’re not married yet" 
Felix:"Masumi is right, I haven’t proposed to her yet" 
Mary:"Oh, so when are you going to propose?" 
Felix:"After we end the problem with that organization, and I return to my original body" 
Mary:"Alright then, Masumi, you heard him, right?" 

Masumi:"Stop joking about things like this!" 
Masumi's face was really red this time, and Felix and Mary laughed at her reaction. 
Mary:"Alright, alright" 
Mary:"Let’s change the subject" 
Mary:"Felix, I heard the antidote is almost done, how much longer until it's really finished?" 
Felix:"As soon as possible, probably in less than a week" 
Mary:"After you guys return to your original bodies, what will you do?" 
Felix:"We already have a plan" 
Masumi:"Eh, what plan? I don’t know" 
Felix:"When I said 'we,' I meant me and Shinichi" 
Mary:"Alright then, if you need our help, don’t hesitate to ask" 

*Flashback ends*

Felix:"So that's what happened" 
Felix had just finished recounting his experience from last night, and Conan and Haibara were still laughing heartily at the story. After a moment, they stopped laughing and continued their activities. A few seconds later, Kaito entered the house. 
Kaito:"Hello everyone, Kaito in the house yo" 
He then looked at the three kids who were focused on doing something that kids shouldn't be doing. 
Kaito:"You know, right now you guys don't look like kids at all" 
Haibara:"That's because we're not kids, Kuroba-kun" 
Kaito:"Aw, come on Shiho, I've told you countless times, just call me Kaito" 

Haibara:"I've also told you countless times that I won't" 
Kaito:"Alright then" 
Kaito then sat on the sofa and played with his phone. 
Haibara:"Kuroba-kun, is Akako coming today?" 
Kaito:"She said she would come later, maybe this afternoon or evening" 
As they focused on continuing their activities, they heard Ran's voice as she entered the house. 
Ran:"Conan-kun!" 
As Ran opened the door, Haibara quickly closed her laptop, Conan immediately tidied up the equipment they had used earlier, and Felix kicked his sniper under the sofa; the three of them put on innocent smiles. 

Ran:"Oh Ai-chan, and Felix-kun is here too, and....." 
Ran:"What are you doing, Kaito-kun?" 
Conan, Haibara, and Felix then turned to Kaito and saw him posing as if he was stuck to the wall. 
Kaito:"Uh, kids, please help explain" 
Felix:"Explain what? We don't even know what you're doing" 
Conan asked Ran to divert her attention from Kaito. 
Conan:"Ran nee-chan, why were you looking for me?" 
Ran:"Oh, it's that, Detective Takagi and Sato want to meet us at the Police Headquarters today" 
Felix and Haibara didn't care much about the conversation between Conan and Ran; they were more curious about what Kaito was doing. 

Haibara:"So, what are you actually doing?" 
Kaito:"Ah, actually, when I saw you all hurriedly hiding your stuff, I also panicked a bit and tried to hide by pretending to be a wall, but I think I was too late" 
Felix:"Why did you even have to hide?" 
Kaito:"Oh right" 
The three of them then laughed, but their laughter stopped when Ran asked them. 
Ran:"What about you three, do you want to join?" 
They all looked at each other with confused faces. 
Felix:"Did anyone hear what they were talking about?" 

Kaito:"No" 
Haibara:"No, and I don't care what it is, I'm not going" 
Haibara:"Sorry, Mouri-san, my friend will come later this afternoon, so I can't join" 
Ran:"Oh, alright then, what about Felix-kun and Kaito-kun?" 
Felix and Kaito looked at Haibara. 
Felix & Kaito:"That's unfair" 
They then turned back to Ran. 
Kaito:"I don't have anything to do, so I will" 
Felix:"I don't mind either" 
Ran:"Well, that's good then, let's go" 
The two of them followed Ran, and Conan without knowing their actual destination. 
Ran:"See you later, Ai-chan" 

On the way, Kaito and Felix whispered to Conan. 
Felix:"So, where are we going?" 
Conan:"If you don't know where we're going, why didn't you refuse?" 
Kaito:"As I said earlier, I have nothing to do, so I have no reason to refuse" 
Felix:"Same here" 
Conan:"What about your sniper?" 
Felix:"I forgot where I kicked it, and I'm too lazy to look for it, so I will let Ai-chan find it for me" 
Conan:"Hmm, we're heading to the Metropolis Police Headquarters"