9 -

Ellie and Billie continued to chat in the dressing room, riding the relaxed atmosphere of the evening. Livaï, comfortably settled at their feet, enjoyed every stroke. They talked about everything and nothing, sharing concert anecdotes and little moments from their daily lives, until the door slowly opened to reveal a familiar young man. Finneas, Billie's brother, made a quiet entrance, but with that teasing smile he did so well.

"Well, well, well... has Billie stolen someone's dog again?" he asked with a laugh, leaning against the door with his arms crossed.

Billie rolled her eyes, amused by the comment, before responding while gently tapping Livaï's head. "Damn dude, It's not my fault that dogs are drawn to me."

Ellie, surprised but a bit intimidated by this introduction, managed a smile. Finneas, noticing the young photographer's presence, approached to pet Livaï while casting a curious glance at Ellie.

"And you must be... Ellie, right?" He smiled, then added teasingly, "Billie has told me a lot about you."

Ellie's cheeks instantly flushed. The idea that Billie had talked about her to her brother caught her off guard. "Oh really?" She glanced at Billie, who seemed just as relaxed, as if this revelation was perfectly normal.

Billie smiled slightly, a bit embarrassed, but didn't try to deny it. "What? It's true, you take amazing photos. I told you so, Finneas."

Ellie felt taken aback by this sudden attention. She hadn't expected Billie to mention her, let alone in such flattering terms. She cleared her throat, trying to maintain her composure. "Oh well, thank you again, I guess."

Finneas burst out laughing at Ellie's reaction. "Don't worry, Billie only talks about cool stuff. What you do is awesome."

Ellie, still a bit embarrassed but touched by the compliments, relaxed slightly as she listened to them. After petting Livaï one last time, Finneas straightened up and looked at his sister. "Well, I'll leave you two, I've still got work to do."

He gave Ellie one last smile before leaving the dressing room. "Take care, Ellie. And remember, if Billie invited you here, it means you're part of the team now."

Once the door closed behind him, Ellie felt a bit more at ease, although Finneas' compliments still echoed in her mind. Billie shot her a knowing glance, amused by the situation. "Sorry if he made you blush. He likes doing that."

Ellie nodded, a shy smile on her lips. "It's cool, really. It just feels a bit weird to hear all that."

Billie shrugged, her smile still bright. "You deserve all those compliments. Your photos speak for themselves."

Ellie, still slightly flushed from Finneas' compliments, was beginning to feel more comfortable around Billie. However, looking at her phone, she realized it was getting late. It was much later than she had planned, and she remembered she had a train to catch early the next morning to return to Portland.

She gently sat up, trying not to disturb Livaï, who was still comfortably settled. "I think I should head out," she said, a bit awkwardly. "I have an early train tomorrow for a fascinating history class at college."

Billie, sitting on the couch, nodded, though a hint of disappointment was evident in her eyes. "Already? Time really flies. Are you sure you'll be able to manage with your train and everything?"

Ellie smiled, gathering her things while glancing at her phone to check the time. "Yeah, it should be fine. But thanks again for everything, really. It was an incredible experience. I'm so grateful I could shoot this concert."

Billie sat up a bit, her face still lit up by a sincere smile. "No, thank you. I knew you were going to do an amazing job." Then, after a brief pause, she added, "Have you thought about what I proposed?"

Ellie froze slightly. Billie's proposal echoed in her mind. The idea of following the rest of the tour, capturing unique moments and being part of such a talented team was tempting...

"I will really think about it," Ellie said after a brief hesitation. "It's an amazing opportunity, and I appreciate you offering it to me. But it also means I would have to put my studies aside, my job, my friends... it requires some serious thought, you know?"

Billie nodded, understanding, with no trace of pressure in her gaze. "I totally understand. It's an important decision. Do what feels best for you. Take your time to think about it. But if you ever decide to join us, that would be fantastic. I would love to have you here with us."

Ellie smiled, touched by Billie's words. "I'll keep you updated," she promised, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. "I just want to make sure I make the right decision."

Billie stood up to walk her to the door, her smile still warm. "Take your time. We're here, and you know where to find me if you decide to take the leap."

Ellie chuckled softly. "I promise I will. Thanks again for everything."

Livaï, true to form, happily trotted alongside Ellie as they left the dressing room. Once the door closed behind them, Ellie let out a small sigh of relief mixed with excitement. She had just experienced an extraordinary evening, and Billie's proposal lingered in her mind.

The night had been incredible, and although she was tired, Ellie knew a big decision awaited her. An opportunity she had never imagined.