Chapter 19

As we chatted while eating, I noticed that Jihyo wasn't saying much and seemed to be thinking. And as soon as there was a moment's silence, she spoke up.

Jihyo: "Girls, I have to tell you something."

I had a small rush of stress as I feared she would announce to everyone that she was bi. Who knows how the girls might react?

Jihyo: "I broke up with Daniel two days ago."

I'd completely forgotten she had to announce that to the girls. I was relieved to see that it wasn't what I thought, while most of the other girls were shocked.

Nayeon: "You broke up with Daniel ?"

Jihyo nodded, before briefly explaining the situation. So the girls made sure Jihyo was okay, which ended up making me laugh as Sana smiled proudly knowing that the reason Jihyo was so happy right now was because of her.

I was really looking forward to seeing how things went between these two, but if there was one thing I was sure of, it was that they were made for each other. Sana is full of energy and always demanding attention, which sometimes becomes too much for the girls, even for me. But Jihyo never rejects Sana, and she's the only one who can temper her sometimes over-affectionate behavior.

Nayeon: "While we're on the subject, does anyone else here want to talk about their love affairs?"

No one answered.

Nayeon: "It's been a long time since anyone's been attracted to anyone, you're really boring."

Tzuyu: "You're in a good position to say that."

Nayeon: "There's just no one good enough for me."

Tzuyu looked as if she wanted to throw herself out of the window after what she'd just heard. And while she and Nayeon bickered, the discussions resumed one by one between the other members of the group.

Once we'd finished eating, Jeongyeon and I returned to our room, where we continued training, albeit for a slightly shorter period this time. And again, after that, we sat on the floor and chatted. So I took the opportunity to talk to her about something that had been on my mind for a long time.

Y/n: "Jeongyeon...there's something I've wanted to talk to you about for a while but...I've never dared."

She looked at me with interest, while I stressed more and more about the answer she would give me.

Jeongyeon: "What is it?"

Y/n: "You see...I'm making a new album. I've finished writing my five songs, I've recorded three of them, there's even one I'm filming the M/V of this week, but there's another one...that I can't do on my own."

Jeongyeon: "What do you mean?"

Y/n: "It's a duet. And I'd like you to sing this song with me."

She sighed.

Jeongyeon: "Y/n...We've already talked about it. And I haven't changed my mind about it. Ask Jihyo and Nayeon, they'll be happy to help you."

Y/n: "But I want to sing it with you. I don't want to force you, Jeongyeon, but I feel it would be a good first step towards a potential solo album. Besides, you said you'd like us to do a song together."

Jeongyeon: "Give me time to think about it, okay?"

I nodded.

Jeongyeon: "Can I at least see the lyrics?"

Y/n: "I'll send them to you tonight when I turn on my computer."

Jeongyeon: "When do you need my answer?"