𝐯𝐢. his gift

CALL YOUR MOM

ACT ONE: i'm called
mr forgettable

chapter six. his gift

MITCHELL WOKE THE NEXT DAY TO SEE Paul standing by the door

MITCHELL WOKE THE NEXT DAY TO SEE Paul standing by the door. He had a soft, tired smile on his face. "Morning, Sally's made breakfast."

Mitchell nodded, rubbing his eyes. "Thanks." He got to his feet and carefully woke up Jade, who was a lot more of a morning person than anyone else. "Morning, JJ."

She smiled, ignoring her messy and unkept hair. "Morning, Mimi!" She grabbed his hand and dragged him out of Percy's room before he could even have the chance to check his hair.

With a gentle huff, Mitchell let himself be dragged into the dining room, where Sally and Paul were already awake and eating.

"Good morning, guys." Sally smiled, but her eyes seemed tired. "There's some cereal for you guys over there, take as much as you want."

Mitchell guided Jade over and made her breakfast. He wasn't very hungry, but he knew better than to go searching for Percy with an empty stomach.

When they got their food, they sat down with Sally and Paul, eating silently. Paul began to talk about his work as a high school english teacher.

Jade played with her cereal a little, allowing it to be soaked in milk, while Mitchell ate his relatively fast, not liking it when his cereal got all soggy.

"Where will you check first, Mitchell?" Sally asked, pushing her empty bowl off to the side.

He paused for a moment. "I'm going around neighbouring areas. I'll try and see if anyone's seen Percy walk by, or if anyone's heard anything. If we get no answers there, we'll begin to broaden our horizon."

"That's a good plan to start."

Mitchell hummed gently, finishing his breakfast next, while Jade used her spoon to drown her little cheerios. She let out a soft, defiant giggle when a cereal would pop back up to the surface, so she would begin to submerge them back in the milk.

Mitchell nudged her, "Don't play with your food."

She huffed and began to eat her breakfast, which Mitchell was sure didn't taste very good, but Jade seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

Sally turned to Paul and gave him a look. He stared at her in confusion and shrugged his shoulders, but quickly realised what she wanted. He took and gathered all the bowls and put them in the sink before speaking.

"Uhm, Jade, sweetheart, do you want me to show you something cool on my laptop?" He asked.

Jade jumped to her feet in seconds and ran over to Paul, hugging him tightly. "Absolutely!"