Monkey Brains

Kaida sits in on a spar between Donnie and Mikey, the latter stretching beforehand. He gestures his older brother to attack first and dodges a kick with a backflip. He spins in place as Donnie grabs his arm. He throws him over his shoulder, Mikey flipping and landing near Kaida with a chuckle.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Donnie facepalms, "You don't defend against Seoi Nage with back flips."

"Why not?" Mikey moves in place, "Back flips are where it's at."

"The best defense is to roll along my back, then take me to the ground and put me in an armlock. Unless, of course, I counter with a-"

Mikey shakes his head with a smile, "Hey, man, you can't take the fire out of hi-yaah!" he does a backflip, "Dr. Flip-enstein!"

"I don't even know what that means." Donnie looks over to see their Sensei emerging from his room to start Kaida's training, "Master Splinter, what would you do if someone tried to throw you with Seoi Nage?"

"I don't know." Splinter answers honestly.

"Come on, you must have planned a response for every attack."

"If you think too much about what is coming, you lose sight of what is. You must be fully in the moment so you can fight without thinking."

"Why would I want to fight without thinking?" Donnie asks.

"Kaida will demonstrate." Splinter helps the ravenette up, "Donatello, prepare to defend against Seoi Nage." he then gives a nod.

Kaida smirks and performs a spinning kick before pinning Donnie down with knee as she held his hand behind his back.

"Ow! That wasn't Seoi Nage!"

Splinter chuckles, "No, but you thought it would be." Kaida lets Donnie go as he rubs his head, "Now, would you like to prepare to defend against a spinning back-kick?"

"No, I'm good." Donnie groans as Kaida smiles at him, Splinter leading her away for her training.

Mikey chuckles, "Know what would have worked there? Back flip!"

Donnie groans in response.

...

Donnie works on some kind of flowchart in his lab, the others sneaking around him.

"What you up to, Donnie?" Leo asks.

Donnie spooks up before sighing, "Just putting the finishing touches on my master plan."

"Master plan?" Raph asks.

"Yeah, to get April to hang out with me." Donnie continues working as his brothers laugh at this.

"Donatello...can't you just be straight-forward with her?" Kaida asks.

"Try this, "April, do you want to hang out with me?"." Leo suggests.

"Yeah, you see, it's not that simple. I have to prepare for every possible response to maximize my chances of success." Donnie finishes up his chart.

"Aw, that's so romantic!" Mikey coos.

"While it is thorough, don't you think it's a little...much?" Kaida raises an eyebrow.

Donnie rolls the chart out and clears his throat, "Not at all, Kaida."

"Okay then. Give us an example." Kaida crosses her arms, looking at the chart skeptically.

"Yeah, for instance, if April says she can't because she has homework, then I will suggest an informal study session and serve healthy, brain-stimulating snacks." Donnie points at the chart.