The Gauntlet

April left her apartment, texting Kaida that she was on her way to the lair. She goes down an alley, but stops when she feels something near her. She looks around for a moment before continuing on. She stops again with a gasp when she gets that feeling again and spots a silhouette on the rooftop screeching at her. She gasps again before running away as the thing chases after her. She quickly ducks into a bank, panting as she looks out the window. She sighed in relief before screaming as the thing flew toward her...and crashed into the window. It looked like a pigeon-man hybrid. She walks out to make sure it's okay. The mutant stands up and looks at her before flying away. She holds herself, "My life has gotten really weird."

...

Leo watches as Kaida practices sparring against Raph.

"Check it out, guys. We are about to take our ninjutsu to a whole new level." Donnie distracts, walking in with eggs in his hands.

"Cool." Leo comments as Kaida sweeps her leg and knocks Raph down, "There you go!"

"Last night, I figured out how to make ninja smoke bombs!" Donnie throws one down, purple smoke appearing as he disappears. He then reappears behind the trio, smiling.

"Whoa!" the trio exclaim in awe.

"Now, to make 'em, I carefully drill two holes in an eggshell without cracking it, slowly blow out the contents, wait for the inside to dry, then pour in flash powder and seal both holes with wax." Donnie explains

"Blah, blah, science, blah. Do it again!" Raph grins.

"What I'm trying to tell you guys is, they take a long time to make, so use them sparingly."

"Got it." Kaida nods.

"I'm making breakfast!" Mikey calls out from the kitchen, "Who wants omelets?"

"Omelets? Mikey, don't!" Donnie was about to head to the kitchen when Mikey appeared, his face covered in smoke as he coughs while holding a bowl of smoke bombs.

"Uh, I think that was a rotten egg."

"Those aren't eggs, Mikey. They're ninja smoke bombs." Donnie explains as Leo chuckles at Mikey's misfortune, leaning against Raph and Kaida.

"Shut up." Mikey's eyes sparkle as he starts using the smoke bombs, disappearing and reappearing around the dojo, "This is the best day of my life!"

"Mikey, stop!"

Mikey smiles as he drops one more smoke bomb and disappears, reappearing behind Donnie, "I love you, man." he kisses his cheek, "Seriously."

Donnie glares at him.

"Kaida!" April could be heard shouting as she ran into the lair, "Guys!"

"April?!" Kaida rushes out of the dojo, the others following after her, "What's wrong?"

April quickly brings Kaida in for a hug, "You'll never believe what happened to me!"

"Judging by how scared and frightened you look, I would assume something bad. Here, sit down." Kaida leads the redhead to sit.

"All right, April, calm down. Are you okay?" Donnie asks as he puts a hand on her shoulder.