Chapter 2.3: Memories

Dani's pov:

A cat suddenly crossing the road...

The sound of the wheels skidding on the asphalt...

Tears running down my cheeks uncontrollably as I desperately try to breathe...

But there's no use... and all goes black...

A loving and familiar voice that I can't recognize... -I got you.-

...

My eyes fly open as I quickly sit up in bed, regretting  it instantly as a wave of nausea washes trough my body, making me get up and run into the bathroom.

I'm on my knees next to the toilet, trying to throw up to feel better, but nothing comes out.

I can feel the nauseas and those little annoying contractions in my stomach, but I seem to be empty. Did I throw up already?

After 15 painful minutes of trying, I finally give up, I slowly get on my feet and I lean on the sink, taking in my reflection on the mirror.

My tired eyes and my messy hair are the first things that I notice, but then what really catches my attention is the lack of make up on my face.

I don't think I've ever wiped my make up off after a party.

After a few minutes of just watching my reflection into the mirror as if it was going to give me the answers I'm looking for, I get out of the bathroom, making my way into my room.

Cause I'm in my room, I woke up in my bed, in my house.

I slowly take a few steps towards my bed, sitting on it as I reach for my phone, turning it on when I finally have it on my hands.

The screen is too bright to my tired eyes even being on the lowest brightness intensity possible, but I manage to unlock it and go to my contacts. Before I can call anyone, my eyes dart to the hour, which is showing 4:30 pm.

Well shit. Thank God it's Sunday.

My head is hurting like hell, I'm feeling dizzy and my stomach is not doing well either. I know Gina is going to shout at me the moment she picks the phone up so... yeah she's discarded.

The one driving was EJ anyway, so EJ it is.

I press his contact and I wait for him to pick up.

-Don't do that ever again.- He says the moment he picks up, not even leaving me time to open my mouth, and though he's not shouting, his voice volume is enough to send a wave pain through my head, making me separate the phone from my ear.

-Shit EJ low your voice- I say annoyed, the pain I'm feeling a bit overwhelming.

-Well no. I know your head must have a massive hangover, but sorry not sorry. You kind of deserve it.- He quickly answers, his voice annoyed too but with a spark of worry and guilt.

-Ok rude.- I answer as I bring my free hand to my temple, trying to block a bit of the brightness of my room.

-Rude? Seriously? We were dead worried about you.-

I can hear him sigh on the other side of the line.

-Seriously what were you thinking?- He asks, finally lowering his voice as I requested.

Ok this is an easy one.

-Honestly? Wasn't really thinking, just needed to leave as fast as I could.- I say without thinking (again).

-Yeah but why? I mean you kinda busted Taylor at her own party.- He half asks half states.

Ok, I should've seen this coming. The pain I'm in is distracting me and I'm not being able to lead this conversation where I want.