Family:

My eyes slowly open and adjust to the light in the room. Clary is sitting next to me, holding my hand. When she registers that my eyes are open she grins and squeezes my hand tighter.

"Sebastian!"

Everything feels so different. Even the way I look at Clary has changed. No longer am I jealous or mad. I can only look at her with love and admiration... My little sister.

"What-what happened?"

"I stabbed you with the sword and it almost killed you. I'm really sorry about that... But you've been unconscious for a week, they weren't sure if you'd wake up... I knew you would. There was enough good in you. You lived."

Her words bring a smile to my face. The way she talks; the emotion in her eyes and the creases that form on her brow are undeniably beautiful.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"It's okay, Jonathan." She smiles.

____________
A month later-

I walk ahead of Clary and Jace grinning.

"Where do we wanna go?" I ask, turning back to look at them.

Jace and Clary are holding hands, both smiling. Long ago that would've made me jealous, but now seeing my sister so happy makes me smile.

"Clubbing." Jace smirks and Clary shoves him.

"No way. You're not going anywhere near a club. And if my brothers going, I'm definitely not going with him." Clary argues. "Ice-cream?"

I can't argue against ice-cream in this Italian heat, so we wander off to the nearest shop which is only a few metres down the street.

Clary orders strawberry and Jace and I order chocolate. Jace hands over the money, exchanging a few words of Italian with the shopkeeper purely to impress Clary. It works.

We sit down at an empty table outside the café and Clary sits on Jace's lap, one arm wrapped around his back. We sit in silence for a bit, each enjoying our ice-cream and the brief human moment in the sun.

I look up at the bright, cloudless blue sky smiling. The world is so beautiful. I don't know how I wanted it in ashes

I hear Clary giggle so I turn around and see Jace has a dot of ice cream on his nose. He chuckles and holds Clary tightly, pushing his ice cream against her nose. She squeals and Jace grins, taking a bite of his icecream. Clary grabs a napkin from the table and wipes her face frowning. Then she throws the napkin at Jace who dodges skillfully.

I roll my eyes at the two of them and Clary leans down and kisses Jace's nose where the ice cream is. He smiles and looks up at her. Their lips touch and he holds her tighter. I can see where they each belong.

"Let's head home." Jace smiles. "There's a film on I really want to see-"
"Is it called how to be an idiot? If so you don't need to watch that one." I grin and he rolls his eyes, laughing sarcastically.

Clary smiles. "We should head back. We'll need to move the house again soon." She gets up and winces. "I wish I hadn't worn these heels. They're killing me."

"Want a ride?" I offer grinning and she nods, taking them off and chucking them at Jace. I bend down and Clary jumps onto my back. I start to run and she squeals, laughing. I walk to the edge of the path so we're right by the water and lean over. She screams playfully and holds tightly onto me.

"Fancy a swim?"

"No! No! No!"

"What about your shoes?" Jace grins and holds them over the edge. "Oops." He laughs as one falls and Clary laughs too.

"Damn, Izzy got me those."

I smile and step away from the edge then walk back to our house. I pull the keys out of my pocket and open the front door, walking inside with Clary on my back. I dump the keys in the pot and I drop Clary onto the sofa.

Jace sits down in the arm chair and I sit on the sofa next to Clary. She sits up and moves so she's in my lap instead. I stroke the hair back out of her eyes and kiss her head.

"I love you, little sis."

"I love you too, Jonathan." She turns her head and smiles at me.

I start tickle her stomach smiling and she squeals. "Stop, stop!"

"Isn't this what big brothers are for?"

| | | |
Thank you so much for reading this story and supporting me with my writing.

I'm going to go over and edit some of the beginning chapters because I'm not very happy with Sebastians character as I felt he varied a lot.

I don't think there will be a sequel to this because I don't know who would want to read it, though I do have some ideas with Sebastian's relationship with the clave.

But again, thank you all for your kind words and support ❤