Reunited:

Jace walks out into the hallway smiling, excited by my return. I chuckle as his smile changes into surprise.

"Guess who's joining us?" I smile and let go of Clary's arm.

Jace runs to her at once but I raise a finger in caution.

"Wait." I order.

He stops at once, a few feet away from us. Clary looks up at Jace desperately. The way she looks at him... Why couldn't she look at me that way?

"Clary, you're to stay here okay?" I warn her. "You have no choice really. The second you try to step out that door, I'll be there to trip you up."

"Sure."She says sarcastically then bounces u, rubbing her arms where I held her and leaping over to Jace.

He accepts her into his embrace instantly, pulling her tightly to him so his head is right by her neck, breathing in her sweet scent and his face is buried in her ginger hair. He kisses her tenderly, softly.

I allow myself to shut my eyes for a short second, so I can feel it all properly. Her warm, soft skin lined with the recent scars a Shadow Hunter bears. Loose strands of her wavy hair tickling my face. Her lips so soft and smooth against mine...

I snap my eyes open. Weakness over.

"Jace, please remove your lips from my sister's." I say emotionlessly as I turn towards the living room and the mass of papers on the table. "There's work to be done."