96-100

096 (Long review plus 5)

[Chapter 96: "Today's power has been exhausted." ]

Watching the port mafia's car leave, Odasaku stood there for another two minutes.

The cigarette lit by his fingertips slowly burned out, and the last wisp of gray smoke rose. The many emotions in his mind were chaotic and complicated, and they flowed through one by one, and finally rose into a unified feeling of joy similar to joy. He thought about it, but couldn't figure out where these joys came from, but he was not a person who was good at entanglement, so he didn't think about it. Returning to the detective agency, the people who had just gathered had dispersed and were busy with their work. Only Ranpo, who was holding a soda, was still standing by the window.

The summer sun shone through the windowsill, and the pair of green eyes that were always squinting quietly opened and looked out quietly. The direction he looked at was exactly the direction that Hiiragi Mashiro left. On the table, the letter that Hiiragi Mashiro personally delivered to Ranpo had been opened, but except for Ranpo, no one knew what was written in it.

Odasaku thought for a moment and walked to his workstation. He still had work to do, but before he started working, he wanted to inform Ango first, so he took out his phone.

Ranpo glanced at him, "Did they agree to it?"

Odasaku nodded: "I guess so. But we need to arrange another time, and Ango doesn't know what they think yet."

After all, Ango is a member of the Special Powers Division, which is a government agency. They are naturally opposed to the dark port mafia. However, Ango also has his own ideas. In the disaster caused by Shibusawa, all the coincidences turned to his advantage. He didn't think it was all coincidence, but if these were really the work of Dazai and Mashiro Hiiragi, then why did they do this? These questions have been bothering Ango.

Ranpo saw Odasaku's doubts, and he said nonchalantly: "They won't stop it. The Special Powers Agents have no undercover agents in the Port Mafia. They will want a route to get information about the Port Mafia, and they haven't figured out Mashiro's powers yet."

So, even if Mr. Sakaguchi doesn't want to, the Special Powers Agents will make all of this happen, but... Ranpo stopped talking. Generally speaking, detective reasoning requires evidence. Even the death detective Yukito Ayatsuji, who is controlled by the Special Powers Agents and is known as the 'nuclear warhead placed on the corner', needs to have a complete chain of reasoning to activate his powers. But the current situation is that they have seen the actions of Dazai and Mashiro Hiiragi, but they can't find the reason why they did so, that is, they can't find the starting point.

The starting point is still hidden in the fog. Perhaps, only by waiting for them to deduce Mashiro Hiiragi's powers can we get the answer.

Ranpo's point of view did not reassure Odasaku. He understood Ango's position, but he could not argue with his position. However, everything could only be chosen by Ango himself. All he could do was to reconcile, just like he pressed Ango's gun inch by inch in the underground casino that day. Well, he had a hunch that Mashiro Hiiragi was doing the same thing as him.

Kunikida, who was sitting next to him, also heard these words. He looked at the documents in his hand, thought for a long time, looked at Ranpo, and lowered his voice: "So, Mr. Ranpo, do you know what Mr. Hiiragi's ability is? Here is a commission... submitted to the president, and the content is to entrust us to assist in investigating Mr. Hiiragi's ability."