Blast from the Past

Okay Guys.. :D So another Joshifer chapter. :)) And I'm going to warn you, I don't play basketball so if anything went wrong in the story, please bare with me. =)) But this is quite a sweet chapter in Josh and Jen's lives again..... for me at least. :) So I hope you find it amusing too. =)) 

OH! And I just want to let you guys know that in the month of May, I'll be entering a review school (it's for college) so i won't be able to update at that time. :(( But I'll do my best to write another chapter before April ends. :)) 

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER FOR NOW! :")

Josh’s POV:

It is almost 8:30 pm and we are already in the middle of the game. Yes, THE NBA ALL STARS game. I am a player, finally. Although, I need to be honest with you, our score was little bit far behind when this game started. But now, we’re starting to catch up. Only 4 points behind. Not so bad, eh?

But it really isn’t that kind of a big deal for me if our team loses ……..well, yeah…. IT’LL BE A REALLY BIG DEAL IF WE DO WIN!....... but I couldn’t be more happy to just be here today. Being able to play in this kind of thing is already a big achievement for me… IT’S ONLY BEEN MY LIFE LONG DREAM. So I can consider this day as one of my “top 10 best days”…… Well….. It could’ve been in the “top 5 best days” if only…….. Jen was here.

Yeah, I know.  I already assured her that it would really be fine if she couldn’t make it today. And I wasn’t lying at all when I told her that. I wouldn’t want to compete with her super tight schedule. Especially now that she has another Big Award coming up (Oscars, of course)… So I don’t really think that going to this game is the better thing to do.

But……. You know…… even if I totally, TOTALLY understood her not being here…… Some part of me still wanted her to. Does it sound kind of selfish? Well…… you can’t blame me, right? What kind of man wouldn’t want to see his most special girl in the world be with him during a certain special moment in his life that he waited for to happen for as long as he can remember? Well, if you find a guy like that….. it only means that he doesn’t care that much about his girl. And I am obviously not that kind of guy. But I’m not the selfish kind as well. So all I can do now is to enjoy my time here…. And celebrate with Jen when I get home. And I know how much she is happy and proud of me. That is already enough.

I was called back to the game…Our score was only 2 points behind now. I have a feeling that we might even beat them. Wait……. No…… we’re 4 points behind again. Damn.

I started to block this player when he was about to shoot the ball… And when he threw it, I did the highest jump that I could do and…… YES! I caught it. I started to run to our ring ……..  did a far throw……. BAM! We score. Huh! I may be small, but I got the skills. That throw was the best I did tonight.. I only wish Jen was here to see it….

Okay, get your mind in the game Josh… Oh man. The ball is with one of their best players. I’ll try my best to steal it…

Now I’m in front of him…. Wow he’s tall. And as he jumps to make a shoot, and I jump to tap the ball away…. I was standing too close and…. BAM! He elbowed me right in the forehead. Accidentally, of course. Wow, it isn’t going to get any worse than this.

And as I suddenly fall into a sitting position, hands covering my eyes, I heard someone shout my name. Like REAL LOUD! I only know one person that could shout that loud. And that voice was so familiar I could notice it from anywhere…  When I opened my watery eyes, I searched for her…………. I searched for Jen.

Jen: *seated in one of the front row* *looking directly at him, worried look* Are you alright?

Josh: *squinting his eyes* *smiles* Jen?!