Night Out 2

Chapter 2 ;"))

Josh:  So…….. how are you and Nicholas? (looks at her)

Jen: We’re good….. (looks down) He’s away right now doing a new project in London.

Josh: Oh. That’s a good thing right? (looks at her)

Jen: (looks at him) Yeah of course it is.

Josh: Then why do you seem sad?

Jen: (faces straight ahead) I just miss him. We haven’t seen each other for a while now.

Josh: Oh. That’s what I thought.

I shouldn’t have asked her that. Now all I feel is……. Jealousy. But why? I don’t have any good reason to get jealous? I’ve never been jealous of Jen’s boyfriend before. But why do I feel this way now? I mean we’re just friends, right? Nothing more. Nothing more.

Jen: How about you Joshie? (looks at him) Until when do you plan on being single?

Josh: (scoffs) (looks at her) I don’t know. I guess I don’t want to have commitments now yet. I prefer to wait.

Jen: (scoffs) (looks at him) Really?

Josh: What? You don’t think I can’t wait to date a girl? Just pick up any hot girl that I like and that’s it? Personality matters to me too you know.  (looks at her)

Jen: (chuckles) Oh okay. I just didn’t know you were that kind of guy. You know, by now you can date any girl you want cause they all love you.

Josh: (chuckles)Like the girls we met back there?

Jen: Yeah exactly. (looks at him)

Josh: Well, they’re fans Jen.  I want to date someone who will like me for who I am not because what I do or because I’m famous.

Jen: (smiles) (looks at him)

Josh: (looks at her) What?

Jen: That’s another thing I didn’t know about you. (smiles)

Josh: Well You don’t know lots of things about me.

Jen: Okay, tell me one more thing I don’t know about you. (looks at him)

Josh: (looks at her) You really want to know?

Is this really the time to tell her I’m beginning to have feelings for her? What am I going to say? “I’m starting to like you Jen.” No! No way! This would ruin everything. I don’t want to end our friendship. It’s better to keep it to myself.

Jen: What? (chuckles)

Josh: Umm……… (looking at each other)

Jen: what?

Josh: Um……….. (sees the restaurant) Look the restaurant! Let’s go! (pushes her back) I’m Starving!

Jen: (laughs) Stop pushing me! I can see it. (trys to remove his hands)

Josh: (laughs) (removes his hands) Cause you’re so slow.

Jen:  I am not! (pinches his shoulder)

Josh: Ow!

Jen: (laughs)

*both enters the restaurant*

Jen: (whispers) It’s a good thing it’s not too crowded here.

Josh: (scoffs) Lucky us. (looks around)