An Accident

Jen: (pauses) (stares at him, shocked) Wh- What?

Josh: (softens his expression) (looking at her) I Love You. (walks toward her) Isn’t it obvious enough? (stops in front of her) If only it was that easy to say it to you from the very start.

Jen: (breaks her stare) (still quiet)

Josh: (whispers) Well please say something? (tries to look directly into her eyes)

Jen: (looks at him) (scoffs) I don’t…….know what to say. I’m not sure what to feel right now…… (looks down)

Josh: (breathes) Okay. (sad expression) Just tell me when you do. (walks toward his car)

Jen: Josh……….. Wait. (tries to reach him)

Josh: (rides in his car and leaves)

Josh’s POV:

I never expected that it’ll lead to this. Another heartbreak yet again.  All I want is to be with Jennifer………….to love her and have her love back. Is what I’m asking for, that hard? Based on what just happened, it looks like it is.

I’m not sure what to feel right now.

I keep hearing that single sentence she said in my head. That single sentence that means so much. That single sentence that brought back all the pain I had from the very beginning and only made it twice as hard. I can see now Jen slipping away from me. Our close relationship, gone. Now that she knows what I truly feel for her, I bet she wouldn’t even want to see me especially because I beat his ex-boyfriend up. This will ruin everything between us………..

A tear ran down my cheek as I suffer from the thought of losing Jennifer………. This is all my fault…… I should’ve confessed to her earlier, before all of these have happened. Now I’m all caught up in a situation, and I don’t even know how I’ll be able to go through it this time. As I look at my bruised hands clenching tightly on the steering wheel, a certain guy comes into my thoughts as. Nicholas. If there should be anyone to blame, it should be him.  If I could only go back there and rip his head off, I would. The anger and rage I feel for him is overwhelming. Then I noticed my hands hurt even more when I clenched the steering wheel tighter.  But I don’t care. This is the only way that I could remove all the anger I feel in my body. WHAT KIND OF GUY WOULD DO THAT TO SUCH A LOVELY GIRL? HOW DARE HE COME AND BARGE IN THEN FORCELY ASK HER FOR FORGIVENESS AFTER WHAT HE DID TO HER? YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT KIND OF THING! MORON! He really does not deserve even a tiny bit of her love at all!

As I manage to control my anger, a song played in the radio. It’s “Give Your Heart A Break” by Demi Lovato. No matter how much this song hurts me inside, I still listened to it. It made me realize something……………………….

If only she was listening to this right now, and if she is I hope the same thought comes in to her mind….

Please give me chance to prove my love to you Jen. I am not like the other guys out there. You can find the happiness you’re searching for in me. I will make you happy every single day that we have.

All I need is a chance……..

Jen’s POV:

What have I done? Did I just push my best friend away? After what he confessed to me and all I gave him was just that? Oh no please tell me this is not happening………….

I am overwhelmed of what just happened… I don’t actually know what to feel right now. I am glad for knowing that Josh has feelings for me too and that he already has figured them out. Love……..

But…….. I still haven’t. Is what I’m feeling for him love too? Do I love him back? Will I be able to repay the love that he is giving me? These questions keep running through my head over and over again which makes me more confused……

But when I heard this certain song inside my trailer, all the confusion quickly disappeared and all that was left was the answer…..

“So here we are

So close yet so far…

Haven’t I passed the test?

When will you realize…..

Baby I’m not like the rest.”

“Don’t wanna break your heart when I give your heart a break..

I know you’re scared it’s wrong that you might make a mistake….

There’s just one life to live and there’s no time to waste…

So let me give your heart a break.”

Those lyrics hit me more than the iceberg that hit the Titanic. It’s all so clear to me now. I was just wasting time sitting there and fighting back the feelings that I feel for Josh. And I’m pretty sure that it’s love too. I Love Him too. I can’t believe it, but it is.   There’s no use of denying it over and over again just because I was afraid of the consequences that comes with it when I admit it to myself. But now, I don’t care anymore… I am willing to take a big risk for him.

It had always been him. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HIM. I was just hiding it deep inside. But there’s nothing to hide now anymore. I am waiting to scream it to the world! But what matters is I tell him first…

I drive to his apartment, not knowing what to do. When I get there, my heart was pounding right through my chest. He obviously is mad at me for how I acted earlier… Ohhhh will he be able to give me one more chance?... This makes me nervous more than ever. Oh Jennifer please don’t pee yourself.

I have to say sorry to him. I HAVE TO. But…. The following events that had happened was not what I expected….

Jen: (knocking on the door) Josh?

*no answer*

Jen: (knocks again) Josh?

*still no answer*

Jen: (knocks) JOSH? (looks for a key) (sees one under a mat) (opens the door) Josh? (looks around) Where are you? …………….. Jo- (sees him on bottom of the staircase, unconscious) (blood on his forehead) JOSH!!