Chapter 9

* Gwen's POV *

School. Ugh.
I drove to school, picking up Mary Jane, Sue and Wanda, like I always do. We had band practice right after school apparently now according to Mary Jane.

I pulled into the school parking lot and we all filed out. my senses were tingling and I turned my head to see Harry coming up behind me. " Frig.." I said to myself. "Hello Gwendolyn." He whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

" Get off me Harry." I spat. I tried to get the girls' attention but they were talking to Flash and Pietro. " How has my little, Gweny been?" He asked as we walked slower. I rolled my eyes trying to get away.
" Leave me alone you ass. You think I'm still your friend? After how you treated me?" I whispered- yelled.

He stopped, gripping my arm and he chuckled. " Stop being a little Bitch-" he was saying but cut off. " Hey Gwen you alright?" Peter asked coming up. My hero. I gave him a look of relief. " Why hello Peter, long time no see." You see, Harry is in our grade, but he graduated last year due to high grades. He only takes one class this year.

" Hello Harry." Peter hissed slightly. " I think we should be getting to class." He said eyeing Harry. Harry finally let go, plastering a fake ass smile.
He walked away, without saying a word. " Peter thank you so much." I signed as he held me up. My legs were literally noodles. Harry scared me back there.

" What was Harry telling you?"
Peter asked looking all over my face. " He was just.. Being cocky. He was psyco. He still thinks his friend." I said irritated. Peters face went dark. We caught up with the group.

" Um... I'll see you around Gwen." Peter said as soon as we got near them. I gave him a confused look. " Wait where are you going?" He looked at Flash. " Ohh... I can hang with you if you want," I said as I put my hand up to tell a secret.
" I Hate him too. Sue likes Flash so, we all just hang around him."

" Didn't you guys used to date though?" I bit my lip. Flash and I did date for a few months but I couldn't take him bullying other people. " Yeah... I dumped him cause I hated how he like, had to bully every person here." Peter smiled lightly. " Like me."

" Peter you should have like, webbed his mouth shut or throw some punches!" I whispered. He laughed. "I've seen you as Spiderman. Your like a whole different person."
He chuckled. " I'm just, really focused." He said like he was a big deal. We laughed when I suddenly heard Mary Jane come up.

" Gwen!!" I stopped and looked back. " Hey why did you leave us?" She asked, not even acknowledging Peter. I rolled my eyes. " I was hanging with my buddy Peter here. Since you and Sue were practically drooling over dumbass over there." I said pointing to Flash.

Sue and Mary Jane glared at me while Wanda laughed. "Well... Don't forget about tonight. We have a gig coming up this weekend so, don't think about missing practice." She said and walked back to Flash with Sue following. " She'll be fine. She's just mad at me." I said to Peter.

" I wish My brother wouldn't hang out with that Neanderthal." Wanda said as she joined Peter and I.
We chatted the 3 of us and walked to our first period together.

***End of the Day***

I went to my locker, opening it as everyone filed out if the classes. My eyebrows narrowed when I saw a red envelope in there.

" What the hell?" I picked it up, looking back and forth quickly. I turned it over to open it but saw a weird print on it. It was a Skull with Tentacles under it. I opened it and pulled out the paper. "She's opening it up Now sir." I suddenly heard a voice say.
It was the only thing I could hear. What the hell kind of power is this? I looked all over the chaotic hallway to see anyone suspicious looking. No one. Who is it? And why can I suddenly hear people miles away possibly?

I read the fine print to myself:
Miss Stacey,
How are you and your newly given powers? I'm glad to see your doing well. Soon you will join me and my league. You'll adapt soon, and become unstoppable. And, I'm sorry for your loss. I told Trinity not to kill George but, you know her. We will be in touch. I'll be watching.
~ A.Z.
This person had my father killed. He works with Trinity. I felt anger rise up. I wanted to find this person and-

" She seems to be angered sir."
" Wonderful. Your work is done for today." The voices. I looked around. I was one of the last kids in the building. My eyes landed on a girl with Blonde short hair. She was walking to the door but she looked back at me. She smirked. I had to tell Peter.