Chapter 20

Gwen

When I was little, I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up right from the start. I wanted to fight crime like my Dad did. I was always fascinated with his stories he told and always wanted to be just like him. And now, 17 years later, here I am, a new Superhero, working with the Avengers to take down Hydra.

I was sitting on my bed, I just finished writing my speech I have to give at graduation tomorrow night since I was the class Valedictorian. The plan was, to take down Hydra tonight or, whenever we got contact information that Hydra was making a move.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming to my door.  I stood up and set the speech on my desk near my cap and gown.  " Come in."  I said thinking it was my mom.

Instead, it was Peter. Oh, how I needed him right then. " Hey Gwen. Mind if I hang out here for a while?"  He said with his usual small smirk. I ran to him and hugged him tightly. He felt tensed at first but then hugged me back even tighter.  " Peter, I want you to stay."  I said in a whisper. He pulled me back and looked at me in he eyes.

" Are you scared about.. all of this?"  He asked as he sat me down on my bed. Well that's a stupid question Peter. I looked at him like he was stupid. He lightly chuckled.
" Um, yeah that was a shitty question," he said as he lightly bit his lip. " I know, this is all new to you and ... I just, Gwen, I'm ... I- " he started tearing up, a tear running down his cheek. I instantly cupped his face and wiped it away.  

" Whoa Peter hey hey, baby, why are you crying? I should be the one crying."  He smiled lightly then looked at me.

" Gwen, this is all my fucking fault. I got you into all of this shit that has happened and, I just never wanted you to get involved with the Spider Man side of me.  But, I guess I fucked up there." He choked up again and I hugged him. " Peter, look at me."  I said soothingly. He looked at me with his sad brown eyes.

" Peter Parker, don't you dare blame yourself on everything that has happened to me. I chose to be with you. You know why? Because ... I fucking love you Peter. I love you.  To infinity, I will always be with you. All the stuff that has happened, was just life. My Father dying, Harry turning me into Hydras next Bucky Barnes, that's life. Life isn't suppose to be candy canes and unicorns. It's gonna be shitty and have horrible moments but you know what makes all of that go away and what makes you stronger every day?"

He stared at me, his mouth slightly hanging open.  " Love." He whispered.  " Yes. Love. And what we have right here, this is love. You make me wake up everyday and smile. You make me sing in the shower when I know I should be worried about what's gonna happen to Igor or tomorrow. Peter, you make me live. "  I finished and took a breath.

I waited for him to say something but, all he did back was kiss me. Peter cupped my face and kissed me so passionately. He held me in his arms and moved my hair out of my face. He peppered my face with kisses and just dove right back in again. And that's why I loved Peter Parker. He didn't need to say anything. Him doing this stuff had me knowing he loved me back.

****

" So, hopefully my mom didn't hear everything we just did."  I said giggling as Peter smiled, kissing my collar bone. He pulled me close to him and bundled us in my blanket covers.  We laid there in my bed, staring at the ceiling, listening to each others heart beats slow back down to normal.

" Peter?"  I asked, turning my head to look at him.
" Yes Gwen?"
" Do you think, that... we will survive the battle?" Such a morbid thought to think right after having sex for the first time but, that's me.

He was quiet for a minute.  " Well, we will be fighting with Earth's mightiest heros, and we'll I'm gonna be there with you. Gwen, you are pretty good yourself."  I raise my eyebrow at him.  " Yeah, only because me and Bucky have this weird, connection thing going on and that's when I get all perfect like Natasha."  I said as Peter laughed at my explanation.

" Gwen Stacy, everything will go according to plan. Hopefully. I promise you that people might get hurt, but no one will die. We will be safe. You and me will make it to high school graduation. "

++++ Hello!!! I deserve to apologize to you guys so much. I'm super sorry for this long ass wait! There honestly no good reason for not updating in forever other than pure laziness and school. So I'm sorry, and here it is! Only 2 chapters left!! Thank you so much for reading this book!!++++