Chapter 22

Remember when I said I had a Risky idea? Yeah, not so much.

At the moment, I was currently being held against my will by two Hydra guards. Good thinking, Gwen.

" Hey fellas, lets say you let me go and I'll buy you two some ice cream. Huh?" I say trying to writhe myself free from their cement grips.

" Sounds very tempting Miss Stacey." Said a voice. A heavily accented one. Zola. My breathing hitched as he came into view, looking awfully menacing.

" What flavor? Mint Chip? Vanilla? " I asked as I tried to wiggle my body again, failing. Zola walked closer to me, until he was a few inches away from my face. I tried to move my head away from his sinister grin.

" How about, destruction?" He said with a sick chuckle. I rolled my eyes at how original he was with this evil villain role. " Sheesh Zola. You're Villian jokes are quite outdated." I said with a smirk.

I suddenly felt a harsh slap across my face. " That's enough disrespect from you, Gwendolyn. You must treat your creator with respect." He spat as I hung my head down.

" Chain her up over there. Then you two can be dismissed." Zola ordered his men. The one guard jerked me up and the other kicked my legs to make me walk. They proceeded to chain my arms up to the wall. " Wow Zola. Didn't think you would go all Christian Grey on a minor." I spat out as I tried to kick the guards. I succeeded and kicked both guards, having them hit the ground with groans. Zola was pissed. " Get up and get your sorry assess out of here! Schwachlinge!" He yelled as he pinched his nose. The guards nodded and ran out of the lair we were in. " I see your strength is improving quite nicely." He said as he stood in front of me. " Yeah, probably from kicking the asses of all your minions you set after me." I spat at him. He chuckled. " My girls? I gave them a chance at a new life. With powers they never knew they could have. Sadly, they were just as weak as when I found them." He said as if nothing was a problem.

" You're a psycho. You're not saving people. You're just fucking them up and making them mindless soldiers that you can play around with. What's really your endgame here? To keep ruining people's lives just for this shit show Hydra?" He suddenly stormed over to me and got real close to my face. I proceeded to spit in his face.

Zola slowly wiped my spit off of his face and wiped it on his lab coat. " Gwendolyn, my incompetent soldier. You really don't know anything. You think you do. But you really don't. Hydra has been around for years, decades, centuries. We have been sneaking our way into big name operations since the start. Hydra is a new way of life. A new order. And when something doesn't go our way, or certain hero groups get in the way, we squash them like the pests they are." He says as he circles me. " And along the way, Hydra has expanded in many, many ways. It has been my job in the last 70 years to, lets say, recruit, new soldiers. And we have been very successful since our first project. You've met him. Mr. Barnes." He said, folding his hands together.

As if on command, Bucky himself walks out from an unseen corner. I gasped. Bucky wasn't in control of himself, that was for sure. He was in his Winter Soldier uniform, metal arm looking even bigger if that was possible.

" What have you done to him?" I asked, a line of sweat forming on my forehead. Bucky was staring straight at me, no humanity in his eyes whatsoever.

" Times are changing. So has technology Gwendolyn. Just inserting a simple microchip can do wonders for our soldiers." Wait. Did he just say, ' Soldiers' ?

" Soldiers?" I said with a puzzled look on my face. Zola laughed, all villain like.

" Ah hahaha. Did you really think Hydra could be this successful without an army over the years?" He asked as he motioned to Bucky.