Epilogue

TIME SKIP: TWO YEARS LATER

Some things are just not meant to end as expected.

"Oh my gosh. Do I look okay?" I spun in front of Tique, only to watch her laugh at me for the nth time today.

"Calm down, girly. You look fine!" She stood up from my bed and held onto my shoulders. "It's just him. What are you so nervous about?"

I admit, it wasn't the one I planned. At all. But I guess I just never saw the reality while I was drowning in my own fantasy.

I took a deep breath, solely staring off into space. "It's just... It's been so long, Tique. I gotta admit that I missed him."

Who would've thought we'd end up that way? I had so much faith in ourselves. But it seemed like faith wasn't enough.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." She tapped me on the shoulder. "But what if you'd end up together?"

"Ew no!" I responded in impulse. Me? And him? Ending up together? No hope, hun.

"You can't say that. He's grown!" We walked out of my room in our shared apartment. Tique accompanied me to the door. "His style improved, his facial features improved AND his voice matured. All of those girls are screaming for him and you're just gonna let him slip away?"

We may not be the best tie. But we are my best tie.

"Tique, he's my ex--"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. Well at least we tried pushing you two together. You're the only people in the group who were single for the past two years."

Group. Ha-ha. Yeah right.

Like we are still a group.

I miss being in high school, in serious talks. It gave me the best moments of my life, at the same time the worst ones. It went on like a blur.

"You do realize now that there's no hope in bringing us together, right? Because that's just gross," I said, walking out. "Hey dummy, I'm gonna go."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever. Enjoy, okay? Text me on your way home. And don't do it! If you do, make sure you're prot--"

"Just shut up and be awesome, Tique!"

Well... You can't finish a book without going through the last chapters, can you?

I walked to the sidewalk and went in my car.

Whoa, Laine has a car! Pretty sick, right? I didn't want a debut, so my parents gave me a car for my eighteenth birthday. Yeah, I know right. Cool.

I have one question though. Is my story really done already?

I started driving to the nearest Starbucks which we both agreed on, even if it's raining a little. I don't know why he contacted me out of the blue after being so busy with his own music. Shows, photoshoots, interviews, and the likes.

Well, at least he still made time. And that's good, I think.

Which also makes me really nervous.

Or was it just a mere beginning?

As the place came to my sight, my heart started beating faster than normal.

I'm torn between being excited and being nervous.

I want to know.

I pulled over and turned my car's engine off. I took a deep breath and stepped outside. I ran to the shed and saw him there while wearing a beanie, standing with his hands in his jeans' pockets, softly smiling at me.

This is it.

"Hi."

I'm going to find out.

"Hey, I missed you."

**
fantasyindex | 2015