Chapter 3 Whoops!

"Sir, the launch of our space pod is ready"whispered the geek with black slim glasses, buck teeth,short black hair, lots of pimples, some freckles, and tucked in lab shirt from those screeny things to my father...as I strolled around with him pretending to seem excited when truly, and honestly I'm dying on the inside of boredom.

Even school seems more better than here! Yup, that's right! This place is THAT boring and dull to me that school seems interesting and that's not even humanly possible! The more I follow my dad to certain places in the base the more I get deeper into the dull world of the geeks and nerds. I even found myself in deep thought that how in the world did these normal people turned into the weirdos they are now, its not like its a disease to be a nerd...heh heh heh....right?

The beakers, the test tubes, the chemicals!! It's like walking in to the museum of nerdy freakshow!!

Oh my GOD!!! What if I become interested in this kind of stuff and become...calm down,calm down...your not going to turn into a nerd...your not going to be a nerd...

~*~

The more she thinks about it, the more she becomes worried, as her father stares at her wondering what kind of thoughts are running in her head. He thought an idea that may make her daughter interested in what he does, he turned around and then jerked forward to shock her up a bit.

He then said "Hey, you seemed down in the dumps,how about I show you my top secret lab that only specialists like me can enter?". In surprise, she then thought to herself and suddenly know why he would say such a thing. "Well then, this is another one of those schemes is it!"she replied at last, her father smiled and said "ok..,ok..you caught me Mrs. Canderlot. "Dad!! Stop calling me by my last name, it sometimes annoy me and you know it!". There they stood swapping glares then they headed towards the secret lab.

"How is the launch pod to mars?" Said my dad's boss, Mr. Shangles, to my father. "The model seems ready to go, sir" my father replied in return, "Good! This is great for all of NASA to finally launch a super sonic pod that can make it to mars in three days!!" Replied Mr. Shangles with glee and excitement in his face, my only interest in this conversation was NOTHING!!! Like I said...BORING!!!

~*~

"Mr. Shangles, sir, I received word from one of the technicians and they said that the mars rover 4000 is ready". "Exellent! And look over here, a little recruit has joined us!", at that moment I kept thinking to myself 'I not going to be a nerd...' Over and over in my head, it's now annoying!

"What's your name sunshine?" Mr. Shangles asked and at that moment I must have so caught up in my own thoughts that I yelled out on the top of my lungs, "I'M NOT A GOING TO BE A NERD!!!". Every guy in the very room turned and stared at her sharply with their cunning eyes like lazer beams. "YOUNG LADY!" yelled my father as his boss stared at me like a math teacher does when you interrupt his her lesson. "Extract her immediately!"barked Mr. Shangles, as Melissa's father grasped her shirt collar and hauling her out of the secret lab saying "yes, sir...".