Chapter 4 The Launch!!

"Darling, moon pie, sweet rice cake..." My dad whispered as I stared into his green eyes. "Sorry dad...but I just..I had..to...sorry" I said at last, my dad said words that I couldn't take and it was "Sorry for saying this but, I wish you get sent into space and out of my life forever for what you just did in there!" He said in a deep serious voice.

I never seen him like this before in my life...I knew I crossed the line for what I just did in there and I was devastated for what he said and I felt the pain strike my heart, the dam in my head broke, the river of tears came out with red eyes. "That's how much you upset me!" Said my father in the same serious tone as before but more fire was burning inside than ever. "Fine then! You want me to go... I'LL GO!!!"

I said running down the hall of the labs and my dad made guards to chase me. Is this subway surfers in REAL LIFE!! Now I know how that character feels, instead if trains it was trays!! The guards were very fast! I went faster and faster and then an idea struck me.

As I was running I made a left turn on the intercepting hallway and then I ran past a sign that I didn't read and it said "WARNING: pod launching station".

~*~

I saw a door with keys in the lock and I turned the keys, the white smoke came out of the door all dramatic and mysterious( is this Star Wars?) and I knew it was a good hiding spot as I realize that it was very dark in the room that I can't even see my hands!

I was brave, I went in there and felt a lever, I turned and it seemed like a door that can only go up or down. I jumped inside and closed the hatch and locked it. To my surprise there's quite a lot of room to move around and it had a light switch. I turned on the little light and I realized that this looked like a mini lab! So interested on where she was, she quickly turned off the mini light bulb and stood very still when she heard footsteps.

"We couldn't catch her, she was too fast!" Said guard 1 with black hair and a mustache, "yeah!,too fast!" Said guard 2 with blonde hair and a bushier mustache as Melissa's father said "we will find her later, we are about to launch our pod to MARS!!" he said frantically as he rushed inside the lab to see the launch. "Mr. Shangles!! There you are and I totally apologize for my daughter's behavior!!" Melissa's father said respectfully. "Nonsense she is acting like normal teenagers, but don't let her say that again you hear!"replied Mr. Shangles "yes sir, and we shall prepare the countdown" exclaimed Melissa's father to the other scientists.

~*~

"Ready to countdown!" Said one of the scientist in the status report section. "Okay, set it from ten" said Mr. Shangles as my father press the controls to set it to ten. I'm somehow feel little vibrations and I can hear the scientists clearly like if I'm close to them! Also I can hear the countdown too, almost as if I'm in the pod itself!

"READY!!!" Yelled Mr. Shangles, "YES!!!" Yelled the scientists including Melissa's father.

10....9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2......1

LAUNCH!!!!!!!!!

The engines fired up and Melissa knew she was in the pod.

Before she even can reach the exit the flames blazed and rocketed her out into the sky.

(*WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH*!!!!!!!!!!!!)

"WOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!" Melissa shriek at the top of her lungs. Jerking back and slamming into the seat in front of a little window. She banged against the window so she can grab attention. "DADDY!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!" Screamed Melissa, her father heard her voice through the walls and then he felt time stop.

He felt scared, his heart beating against his chest, and nervous to look back, but as frightened as a loving parent he turned fast and saw Melissa in the pod flying off into the sky as fast within the blink of an eye.

*Bum-bum*,*bum-bum*,*BUM-BUM*, his poor little heart beat so hard and he fell to his knees replaying the scene in his head. And knowing that it was all his fault for pressing the ignition button. And for yelling at her his own rage...

As the scientists cheered with joy for their success, one of the scientist said "Who wants shampain?" They all replied "HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!" Everyone was celebrating the grand accomplishment except for one, the one that just realized that his beloved, daughter got accidentally.....sent into space...to mars...and may never come back...