Chapter 15 Meanwhile...

Meanwhile on earth...

Melissa's father's POV

Laying here in this hospital bed next to my wife in the same room is a bit calming despite that I have a head injury. The bunny was just hopping around near the window looking out onto the sky. I feel you little critter, I miss her too(except the fact that the bunny had no idea who Melissa is).

🌎⭐️🌎

He lied there motionless staring at the little bunny as his wife opened her eyes, still drowsy from her nap. He slowly moved his head to his right to see her.

Melissa's mother's POV

What is he looking at? My hair? Well he got nothing to look at, I'm still a bit enraged of the disaster he and she caused. I mean COME ON! On a freakin' Friday! This is the day Melissa can learn something other than drool over the cakes I bake. My goodness, my little cupcake is soaring throughout the ever lasting VOID of space and my husband can do nothing but stare at me!

I saw him motioning to the phone that laid on the table next to me. Omg what does he want me to do? Call an angel? He started to talk with the least amount of energy, it was more of a whisper but I manage to hear what he said. "Call...the..nurse...to..get...the...laptop...in...the...trunk..of...my...car." he whispered weary and feeble like. " Ok sugar" I said smiling a bit as I stretched out my arm to push the phone button labeled: Nurse. It was challenging but I managed to hit that sucker and call up a woman into our room. "Ok, I'll send someone to get it Mrs." said the nurse in a gentle, happy tone, "thank you!" I replied and then he whispered "..thanks...honey..your..the best..". all I could think was, I know I am.

After a while, Melissa's parents lay there watching tv on the flat screen tv hanging on the hospital wall. They kept watching the history channel(which was talking about space).

📺TV: "And so that's why humans must where spacesuits and helmets, and thank you for watching the History Channel." Commercial:" Try our new, space rocket toy only $19.99, call now to get your amazing deal!"📺

Melissa's Dad POV

Why is the world TRYING so hard to get my mind set on Melissa! Darn Toys R Us! Calm...down...its bad enough I'm injured, thanks to that little rat with a puffy tail. Ok...stop blaming things on the rabbit...it's fine, I'm good...luckily I'm alive, my wife is alive, I think my daughter is alive so I'm ok, cool, chilling in my crib, yeah...I'm awesome.

Then, after what seemed like half an hour later, the nurse finally came into the hospital room with my laptop in the nick of time! I thought I might have died of both boredom and tension to see wether or not my pumpkin is alive.

My heart raced, I opened my laptop up on my belly to start it up. My wife pondered of what on earth I'm doing and if I know my wife well, she probably is thinking 'This ain't the time to be playing video games!'. I was planning on turing on my laptop, connect to the shuttle craft systems(if their still working I hope) and possibly have a connection strong enough to actually communicate with my darling who is probably scared out of her mind right now!