Chapter 7 Call has been accepted!

At that awkward moment, the scientists stared at him with pity and sympathy for the upcoming events that may take place in his life. He reached with his left hand for the phone in his pocket...with fear stamped across his very face with the sweat piling up and with his right hand reaching toward the monitor. The group of scientist mumbled about whether he may die or get divorce. The call from the phone answered first...

"Oh well, it was nice knowing you!😋" Said one of the scientists patting him on the back. Then he gave him a little bro hug and then all the scientists crowded together to head towards the exit and leave Melissa's father alone. Mr. Shangles was the last one to leave, then he turned and stared at him coldly...Melissa's father looked at him while the phone was picking up and he nodded slowly no. Mr. Shangles understands and left closing the double doors slowly, gently, and quietly.

Melissa's father appreciated the silence but yet is worry to the point of running and hoping it was a dream. "Hello...honey? Are you there? What did you called me for? Did Melissa started kicking the nerds, I mean...fellow co-workers in the shins?" Questioned Melissa'a mother in worry. "No...HEY!! did you call my co-workers nerds!" She did not answered back "forget what I said...what happened that was so important to interrupt me during the big finals in the baking competitions!!" He said slowly "I...I...I.."stuttering and his lips cold and dry to even cough up the words, he just repeated like a record player skipping."Out with it I'm using my break, the final round is about to begin!" Impatiently she waited and finally he said "I accidentally send my daughter....to mars..." Silence beyond the phone line...then...

😵 *THUD!!!*😵

She fainted on the other side of the line in shock. And Melissa's father was scared what happened and then...it hanged up.

💻Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!💻

The screen buzzed and flashes of colors and suddenly it turned on.

The father quickly went to the monitor and saw his daughter...eating chips and listening to MUSIC!!!

"🎶You don't know that your BEAUTIFUL!!!🎶" sang Melissa to the lyrics as she heard her father "What the HECK are you doing!!!" He yelled above the music and Melissa turned around screaming in shock and full surprise "WTH!! You scared me!!". He was not happy...with his straight eyes staring coldly and that mouth that never seem to move out of place. The full on fury hidden inside of his little wimpish figure. The strict face that can scare a BEAST was on.

Melissa was a little scared by him and he NEVER made a face like that unless she did something really wrong and surely it was being launched into space. "Dad...if its about me in a space thingy I know that it is like...bad for me to take it for a spin in it as its going around the earth..."said Melissa apologizing but he still had that face..."it's not that, it's because your not going around earth...your--""going to that space station thingy that the government keeps from society😱!"said Melissa, interrupting his sentence...

Her father started to feel bad😞..."your...going...to...mars..."

"WHAT?!?!?!😱"

"Yup, your going to to mars...and--"

"It's...my fault!! I know, I know....*sniff* I've been a naughty little princess!😫" Said Melissa once again interrupting his sentence.

"No...it's my fault..."he said softly and very depressed. "😚So...it wasn't me?" Said Melissa a little embarrassed, "yes...I...pressed the launch button...and yelled at you..."he said feeling very bad for the chaos.

Melissa just stared...

"Yes...it's such a disaster that your old pops made...😓" said Melissa's father as he started sobbing slowly and turned around in shame as Melissa started to laugh.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!! And I thought I was the only one that caused this! So you and me are the same buddy...hahahahahahahaha!!!!😝"

Melissa'a father started to have that old friendly, cute smile and even started to chuckle. Melissa knows how bad the predicament she and her father have gotten into but no matter what, she has that way to have a smile on anyone's face.😄😊😜

♦🔵♦🔵♦🔵♦🔵♦🔵♦🔵♦🔵♦

Stay tune for the next chapter, sorry it took soooo looong!!! Ideas are hard to come by these days! Lol I'll make sure the next one will be fast.😘