Chapter 2 Boredom and guilt

On the rest of the way to my dad's job, was the most quietest car rides I have ever been on since the time I stuffed my chocolate pudding into the teacher's printer in fourth grade as a prank. I got sent to the principal's office, and dad had to come because my mom, as usual has to go to a bake sale,baking competition or whatever to get even more money for the family, mostly it's a bake sale. And that was the start of the silent relationship with my dad. He wanted a daughter that is more...well..smarter..

It's quite sad and depressing without that cheerful smile that he always has. And the little twinkle in his eyes when he starts to laugh.

I shouldn't have yelled at him...he is my dad no matter what and now I just made him feel bad. I kind of made fun of him about being a scientist. I mean come on!! He does not even wear glasses you freakin' moron!!!(sorry, talking to myself here) I can tell you one thing, he is like the coolest nerd I know! And the ONLY one I'll ever know!

~*~

After the mini road trip, I slouched in my seat wishing I went along with what mom said and it was "smile and show love so he would enjoy the fact that your coming anyway..." And things would have not been so awkward. I owe him one because most of the time he just stay quiet (when I meant quiet I mean not being a snitch) when I get in trouble. And later just pretends that never happened and starts smiling at me with lots of hugs.

And he always says this one phrase:"ok,I'll let it slide but don't do it again ok", I never get tired of that phrase and I just hug him saying I won't...I won't...

That got me thinking that I should appreciate him a lot more, after all I barely get to know where he works and what are some things he likes and that stuff. Mom likes dragging me to her bake sales...how lovely to stand their and watch cake getting eaten by strangers instead of me! I mean come on! There is delicious chocolate cake standing in front of you and you can't even eat it!! It's a little surprising that she decides to make me go to my father's old job...or maybe...he planned this from the very start!

~*~

"Honey!!!Come out of the car,I got to go to work here!"yelled my dad anxiously waiting to show me around. "Okay, okay, I'm coming!!"I replied this time in a better mood, in support of my father's excitement.

They were walking from the reserved parking lot,as they were heading towards the base. Melissa saw how huge the base of NASA really was and was realizing how many lies her 7th grade science book told her!!! The SNEEKS!!! Why would the textbook lie?!?!?! And the teacher always say 'Kids, always trust the textbook!' Well, you bet my hairy BUTT, the book LIED!!!

They arrived at the automatic doors,where her father was completely full of excitement and thrill that he seemed lost in time and started to frantically looking for paper so I can take notes.

As happy as a little bird in a train full of bird seed, my dad said "I can't wait to show you around my lab and ooh!!!I almost forgot about the dirt from mars!!". "That's great and all but I'm not interested in sloppy,chunky,pieces of rock from another planet...how in the world is that interesting!!! We got our own dirt...it's the same kind of chunky dust from other planets!!"I said truthfully and clearly as I pointed out that I'm only with him to know what he does and that's it. Her father can tell that her daughter was not pleased that the fact that he is technically a "nerd"to her eyes. Melissa knows that look and she felt sorry of what she said in the car earlier...

Aww man!! I remembered that I need to write a report on what I learned at my dad or mom's job and blah, blah, blah!

~*~

Who cares about what parents do and certainly of what my dad does, he is a dirt enthusiast of other planets! What's so AMAZING!! About little minerals of other planets when's there is enough to go around here on Earth!

What teacher would waste their time reading a report on a parent,interested on outer space crude.