Chapter 12

Maddie sprinted around a brick building and leaned flat against the hot bricks, breathing heavy.

'Are they still after me?' She thought trying to catch her breath.

Gunshots were her answer. One that she didn't want. A yes.

She darted down the block looking for a place to stow away. If she still had her Sig, she wouldn't need to run.

"Ugh," she grunted, pushing herself faster and faster toward her destination.

"Stop!" A man yelled from behind her.

She did everything but that. The Navy Yard was only a few more blocks, she could make it.

She ran across an empty street when she started to feel extremely light headed. "Ugh," she whimpered taking shelter in a nearby ally. She slid down the wall with her hands on her head.

Maddies long brown hair that had dried blood and sweat hung loosely around her heaving shoulders.

"Where did that bitch go?" A man barked outside the ally.

'Please, please, please go past me,' Maddie thought not hearing him walk away.

"She went this way!" Another man yelled from behind the other man, back where they had came from.

The man holding guard at the ally way took off back the way he had came.

The young teen took a deep breath. "There gone," she panted.

Deciding that holding her grind would be the best option, Maddie pulled out Zivas Phone.

A text message blinked on the screen from a "Tony DiNozzo :-),"

"Tony...tony... Humph, didn't Ziva say something about him?" Maddie mumbled.

She opened the message and read what it said.

'Zi, where are you? :,-( I miss you,' The message said.

Maddie smiled, he must be the 'partner in question'. She hit the sleep button and slid the phone back into her back pocket.

She slowly stood up. Her throbbing shoulder was pounding making Maddie clench on her left arm. Her running was making the small wound seam worse than it was.

Maddie slowly walked out of the alleyway, taking each step with extreme caution. She looked left and right, waiting for someone to jump out and hunt her down.

Suddenly a black charger skidded the turn in front of her. Thinking that it was her captors, she took stance and lowered her right arm to her waist clenching it tightly in a fist. Blood now dropped off her left hand rhythmically.

"Maddie!" Yelled the passenger of the charger as it came to a sliding stop. Them an jumped out and jumped the hood of the car. Obviously showing off.

The man had spiked up brown hair and strong cheek bones. He was wearing a nice suit with expensive shoes.

"I'm Anthony DiNozzzo, but you can call me-" he started running across the empty street.

"Tony," Maddie heaved.

"Yeah, how did you kn-," he paused now noticing the now not-so-scrape on maddies left upper arm. "We have to get you to a hospital."

"No." Maddie said bluntly. "I am not going to a bloody hospital. It's just a scratch. I'm fine."

"Then we have to take you back to NCIS," Tony said putting his hand on her right shoulder ushering her on.

-.-.-

"Ahh," Maddie hissed.

"Sorry my Dear, I have to stitch you up." ducky said dabbing a cloth on Maddies graze.

"Where were you and Ziva kept?" Gibbs asked standing next to the young girl.

"Downtown. DC. In an abandoned Office building." She explained watching Dr. Mallard finish up on her arm.

"There you go Madeline," ducky smiled standing back so the girl could jump off the cold table.

"Thank you Dr. Mallard." Maddie said smiling.

"Please, call me ducky!" He laughed putting his tools back into his little black and red bag.

Maddie followed Gibbs into the elevator. "I'm coming with you."

"Excuse me?" Gibbs looked down at the young girl.

"I'm more than qualified to come. I have all the agent training and my gun-" she paused. "Where's my gun?"

"Evidence. But Tony was sent to retrieve it." Gibbs said still slightly confused about why she has a gun.

"I want to talk to Leon." Maddie said with her lips pressed. She glared at the taller man.

"Go ahead!" Gibbs laughed walking out into the squad room.

Vote
Comment
Follow