Chapter 17

"Let's do this!"

"Let's go, soul resonance!" Soul and I resonated our souls as we fought Kid, "Devil Hunt SLASH!"

I swung Soul at Kid who was just recovering from a previous attack. Unfortunately, he managed to grab a hold of the scythe blade just as I was swinging Soul in a downward motion.

"Let's increase the resonance, Maka!"

"Yeah," Kid smirked at me and then out of nowhere, he broke Soul.

Soul transformed back to his normal self and fell to the ground, his arms twisted to different angles. I flew back as both of our wavelengths hit me. "SOUL!"

I got up and ran to where Soul lied on the ground and carefully turned him onto his back, "Soul. Soul, are you alright!? Please answer me, Soul!" My tears fell onto his face.

"Stop crying. It ain't cool," I opened my eyes to see Soul smiling up at me, "Thank god!" I hugged Soul, careful not to move his arms. "Maka, you need to knock some sense into Kid, and I need my arms fixed...."

"But I can't fight him without you. I'm not like BlackStar!" Soul shifted in my arms, "You can. Fight him your own way, but be safe Maka. Be safe."

Soul's body faded away. I assumed he was transported back to our normal timeline. I wiped away my tears and turned to Kid. No. He's just a small part of Kid. Kid would never hurt his friends, I thought.

"It's just you and me, Maka. How are you going to fight me without Soul?" he laughed and started to float again. "I'm going to fight you in my own way."

********

"Lord Death! It's Soul! He's be injured!" Mai ran into the Death Room carrying Soul on her back. Everyone turned to her, "What about Maka!?" Liz ran over to help Mai set Soul down into a chair.

"What happened to his arms?! They look horrible!" Tsubaki asked noticing Soul's arms, "I don't know. I just felt his connection break and there he was, screaming in pain."

"Someone help me try and set his arms back up so Stein or Naigus can get casts on him."

********

Maka's POV

I kept dodging Kid's attacks as quickly as possible and tried multiple times to land an attack myself, but they never succeeded in doing any damage to Kid's reaper body. I was starting to get tired and dizzy, and he could tell. "Need a break, sweetheart?" He attacked with his own scythe and managed to pin me down to the ground, scythe close to my throat.

"This fight is over Maka. There's nothing you can do." I looked at him. He started to slowly push the scythe into my skin, "If you kill me, I'll never be able to forgive you. Much less love you!" 

He stopped and scowled at me, "What did you just say to me?" I smirked.

"If I'm dead, we can't have a future together. I'll be dead, I won't be able to tell you how much I truly love you. The works." He flinched at my calm, yet cold words.

"How do I know you're not just lying to me just to live." He lowered his head to the point where I couldn't see his eyes. "Have I ever lied to you Kid?" I smiled and raised my hand, "Please come back Kid. I need you back, and so do Liz and Patty, and let's not forget your father."

He looked at my hand with suspicion and then to me, "Please."

He removed the scythe and bent down to my ear and whispered......

********

A/N: Short chapter cuz I'm lazy! :3