Chapter Six

The weeks passed with nothing from Draco and he soon slipped out of my mind. Ginny had begun to grow more confident and we both began to enjoy the prospect of being new parents.

     "Harry..." I was awakened by a voice that I quickly identified as Ron.

     "Hmmm..." I mumbled adjusting my glasses and rubbing my tired eyes.

     "We got a big one. Someone sighted a group of death eater headed to Malfoy Manor." I jumped out of my seat and ran to get my coat.

       "Let's go!" I said probably forcing too much excitement in my tone. Ron and I apparated to the gate of the manor and let ourselves in pulling out wands out at the ready. The manor had not changed the same dreary exterior that led to the same dreary interior that brought back memories of my seventh year.

      "This place bring back memories." He mumbled as we rang the bell.

      "Unpleasant ones at that." I retorted. Narcissa Malfoy opened the door and a nervous look crossed her face. 

      "What are you doing here boys?" She said in a whisper.

      "Someone requested that we come and check by your place." I responded coolly.

     "Well there is nothing here for you boys to see. So along you go." As she said it a scream erupted from the house.

       "Sorry Narcissa. Too late for that." Ron said pushing past her. I followed him in the sound of what I assumed to be a crucio curse got closer. We walked down the long halls until we reached a door partly closed. Inside a flash of bright light appeared and laughter arose.

      "Ron, call for some backup. We are going to need healers and some ministry workers to get these guys." He turned around and sent a patronus to our office as I stepped into the room. A large group of death eaters surrounded Lucius Malfoy and a limp figure on the lush carpet. I cast several spell to take wands and immobilize the group and pushed past them breaking their circle. Lying in the center was Draco. A man who I had been with three weeks ago was lying in the center of a ring of evil all trying to kill him. His face was bruised and bleeding, his body contorted into strange positions. I looked from Draco to his father who was giving me the famous Malfoy sneer. 

     "Here we meet again Mr. Potter. Have you come to save the day yet again?"

     "Oh. I see, did you want me here? You knowing I was all too eager for the action again. What's next? Is someone going to pop out and kill me?"

      "You never know. Looks can be deceiving." He cackled and looked past me. I followed his gaze, and looked at Ron with his wand drawn pointing straight at me.