Chapter Ten

"Harry Potter... We meet again." Professor McGonagall said sweetly pulling me into an embrace.

"Professor, how are you?"

"Very well Potter, what about you?"

"Ginny and I are expecting a child. I could not be more happy." I nodded my head and adjusted my glasses. "Did you have something you needed to discuss with me or am I just visiting?" I asked. She had invited me to Hogwarts for the day before the new term started. Since the war she had become headmistress and the school was mostly repaired and up to its former glory.

"Well Mr. Potter, it seems that yet again we are in need of a new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. And I was wondering if you would fancy the job." She said. "Of course it would mean staying here for the term, but you could return to Ginny on Holiday."

"I'll have to think about it." I said firmly but with a smile on my face. Me at Hogwarts again, teaching kids like I was. Mentoring them and telling them about the world. I would love to do that, but Ginny and the baby. Could I leave them for 9 months of the year? "Can I wander around a bit?"

"Of course Potter." She turned and headed back to her desk. "The Gryffindor password isn't set yet so you can just let yourself in. The fat Lady shouldn't give you too much grief."

"Thank you Professor." I let myself out of the office and walked up and down the large corridors. I wandered into the great hall. It was bare of the usual floating candles and cheerful conversation that filled it. I continued through the halls until I reached the Fat Lady portrait that hung over the entryway to the Gryffindor Common Room. "McGonagall said the password wasn't set."

"Harry Potter! Oh how we have missed you. Last year was not good with you gone!" She said in her breathy tone.

"I've missed you too." She swung open and I climbed through the hole. I fingered the familiar fabric of the large threadbare plush chairs. It was quite different without the blazing fire in the fireplace, the roaring sound of Gryffindor laughter, and hushed tones of studying.
<><><><><>

"Congratulations Potter!!!" Neville said patting my back as I returned from my second task of the Triwizard Tournament.

"Thanks Neville..." I was happy with myself, but still disappointed at the same time. I had let myself almost run out of time before Neville helped me. Surely I would have failed without him. I grabbed my invisibility cloak and Mauraders Map and headed out of the common room. I slowly walked down the corridor stopping slowly around the corners and hid behind a tapestry that led to a cut out in the wall. I heard footsteps approaching so I peeked my head out. Draco passed me, his blonde head bobbing in the hall. I sighed a breath of relief.

"You'd better be careful Malfoy. You don't want to be caught out of bed." I said into his neck as I got up and wrapped my arms around his tall frame.

"Potter, you can't go sneaking around like that underneath that cloak of yours." He said playfully.

"Oh really..."

"Yes really, I was just coming to congratulate you actually."

"The Slytherin Prince, congratulating me."

"Yes you git!" He said punching my shoulder. He moved closer to me matching his lips to mine. I pushed into him deepening the kiss.

"Come to the common room with me. I think one of the seventh years snuck in some ButterBeers."

"Sounds like fun!" He came underneath the cloak and we went back to the common room.

"Toad Strings." I said to the Fat lady and she swung open. We climbed through and the party was still up. I left Draco under the cloak and I grabbed two beers, heading up to my room where I told Draco to wait for me. "Okay. I have a delivery for one Draco Malfoy." I sat on my bed and closed my curtain putting a silencing charm on the area around my space. We sat for hours talking and laughing until we fell asleep my head nestled on his neck.
<><><><><>
I climbed back out of the portrait hole and returned to McGognagalls office.

"Professor." I said as I knocked. The door opened.

"Yes Potter."

"I think I will take that post." I said smiling. She stood up and moved toward me.

"That is great Potter! Be on the train at 11 o'clock on the 12th of September."

"Thank you for thinking of me Professor. I am honored!"

"I am Minerva to you now Potter."

<><><><>
AUTHORS NOTE:
Hey Guys!! Sorry for the late update. If you read the previous Authors Note you know why I took so long. I don't know what you think, but I think this chapter really stinks!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS!! One or two of you listen to me and actually comment!! So if you aren't catching my drift PLEASE COMMENT!! Ask me questions about this or other random fluff! I don't have friends so befriend me my Drarry friends!!!

The next thing: Thank you for the reads!!! I know it's not much but you guys are awesome! If there are so many of you should more comments but I am done ranting now!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Keep Calm & Drarry On!!

~Trixxiee