Part 7: Patience

..............................................................

Working from dusk till dawn is my specialty. I'm the girl they call when everybody else bails. It works for my private life as well, I'm the one back-up when the others leave. I'm the one you shelf away in your closet because your girlfriend is coming home. William was the same way to me, one moment I'm his muse then next he'd have trouble guessing my name. I've also learned sex and love are not the same. Will would call me in the mornings to pick him up from some person's house when Duff or Izzy were busy. He'd never stay over. I don't even think he knew their names. That was the life, unlike mine which involved every aspect of emotion. His were almost gone, disappeared like matter. It isn't created nor destroyed.

I gazed out the café's bay window while sweeping the floorboards. Leaves fell delicately onto cement just to get stomped on by on going traffic. Being too observant is my forte, even over stupid petty things like that. Sometimes I just watch the way a person scoops their hair behind their ears. It fascinates me how different people act. It's the cable I don't have.

I sat down on a lonely bar stool, when Will came barging in like usual. I stood back up pretending to sweep again. He wiped a smile onto his face and swooped over to me.

"Did I just witness slacking missy?" He sat down on the bar.

"What are you goin' to do, fire me?" I exclaimed.

"Maybe," he grabbed my hips and pulled me in between his hips. "It's been quite awhile." He stared into my eyes. I avoided his.

"Yep, a phone call works too."

"I meant since you've been working here." His hands clenched. "I see you working when we are like eighty-"

"Oh stop!" I slapped the back of his head. He only took me in closer.

"I'm serious, quit. If not for you, for me." He bit the right side of his lip.

"Why for you? At least I have a stable job you schmuck." He let go of me and crossed his arms after my comment.

"You're always in a bad mood, I don't think I've really seen you in a decent one."

"Could say the same." I mumbled under my breathe as I began sweeping again. He kind of ignored that one though.

"This is my song." He hugged me from behind and took the broom out of my palms. Purple haze by Jimi Hendrix popped onto the old radio behind the bar. He obviously turned it up. "Dance with me." He whispered almost like a command. He swiftly shifted me around to his direction. I just rolled my eyes, no use in fighting him. I put my hands around his neck, he did the se around my hips.

"I hate it here." I said looking at him dead in the eyes.

"Then leave." He made it sound so easy.

"Can't you do it for me?" I gave him the pouty lip and puppy dog eyes. He laughed his loud snarky laugh.

"I would probably strangle Freddie if I did."

"Can't have that." I sighed. "Better do it myself then."

"Come here," he leaned his face close to mine. Our lips touched as if it were the first time. The thing with William was every time was like the first time. But, at the the same time nothing was shocking. He would just do stuff like that for his own entertainment. Those few seconds were always nice at the same time. When he pulled away he only smiled, then lied his head on my shoulder. "Do something for yourself for once."

William left after the song ended. He told me to chat him up later that day. That really meant I'm a week, I shoved it off of course. I closed the shop at 7:00 p.m. and walked the chilled streets of L.A.. Jack Frost had come early this year. It welcomed him with open arms and smile.

I got to the apartment to see Saul leaning coolly against my door. His hat was tipped over his face, with a newly lit cig. I took a deep breathe and shuffled over.

"Hey cutie," he greeted with a raspy voice.

"Can't you grace the studio with your presence doll?" I asked grudgingly.

"Not when I have you." He repeatedly poked my back until the door swung open. "Yes warmth!" He shoved me aside and hopped right onto the sofa.

"Just make yourself at home." I snapped to myself.

"Want to snuggle." He winked.

"You wish hun." I placed my keys in the little bowl and slipped off my green overcoat. "I'm starving." I checked the fridge for any forgotten fragments by the boys. Instead they are all of my food. I just shut the door and walked over to Saul. "Get me food." I grabbed his hands.

"Well that's very sudden, I don't know how to react to that."

"Things I can eat for christsake." I let go of his unusually sweaty hands.

"You're into the kinky stuff aren't you."

"Ugh, it's like talking to a child." I lied down on the couch placed my head into his lap.

"How does steak sound?" He brushed through my hair with his fingers.

"You got paid?" I shot up excitedly.

"No, but I'm sure we can steal some." He looked down at the shag carpet.

"That takes effort, get Steven to do that." I lied back down into his lap. He continued combing my curls.

"Sofiá,"

"Saul," I looked up at him. He was looking straight forward at a wall.

"What ever happened to your brothers?"

"Well, Damián is married to his high school sweetheart. Mauricio is in jail for attempt of murder. Cristóbal though, is back Mexico."

"That's, um nice." He paused his hair combing.

"Don't be that way." I felt the ends of his hair.

"I think what you need is a drink." He chuckled.

"Naw, had enough today." I continued tangling my fingers into his hair.

"Do you want to here a secret?" He made eye contact with me.

"Continue," he leaned back and stretched on the back of the sofa. I crawled my way up his chest.

"You're a funny girl." He played with my hair.

"Because I'm sober?" I cooked my head to the left.

"No because I'm sober and this is weird." He stood up straight and moved me into his lap. "Why do you let five strange men use your apartment?"

"I don't exactly." I looked down at my hands.

"True true," he lifted my chin up and smirked. "Well if there is any way I can repay you?" He looked down then up at my eyes again.

"Food would work." I smiled.

"I have another way." He presses his large lips onto mine. He slid his hand up my back and shifted me down to the couch. He tugged at my hair a bit as we kept at it. Our breathing intertwined. The beating of my heart grew faster and faster in speed. His touch, stayed exactly the same. I pulled away.
"Be patient my dear." I got up off the couch and slipped my coat back on. I gazed back at him. "Let's go eat." I jingled my keys. He shut the door behind us and wrapped his hand around my waist.

..............................................................

"If I can't have you right now, I'll wait dear." Patience by Guns N' Roses