Part 27: Nice Boys

..............................................................

I awoke in the middle of the night, Saul laid beside me on his stomach sound asleep. I slowly lifted myself up from the bed, I exhaled and closed my eyes. It was time to separate from this mess.

I swiftly stepped out of the bed, trying not to wake him up. He seemed so peacefully and seclusive just lying there by himself. Never thought I'd actually want to leave that moment, but it was time. I grabbed my shoes near the bed and slipped them back on. I used my scrunching from my wrist and put my hair up into a ponytail. I took one last glance down at him and smirked. I kissed his clear cheek. His skin was so warm and tender. He almost made me rethink my next action. I still left though. I left alone, alone with only my thoughts. I walked outside in the dead of night. I stared up at the stars that surrounded L.A. for years on end. The haunting sound of the click that shut Saul's door rattled through my mind. I could feel my sorrow surround me like a plague. I had to continue my journey though.

It was around two-forty when I reached my apartment. I whipped open the sort carelessly. I slumped in and dropped my keys into my holder near the door. I looked up, there he was. I knew he'd be there. I could always feel his presence around.

"It's mine isn't it?" Izzy turned on the living room light.

"Maybe, I don't know." I leaned on my right leg.

"I'd sure like to know." He walked over near me. "Duff is worried about you."

"Duff is always worried about me."

"He has a reason this time." He placed his strong hands around my upper arms.

"Where've you been?" I took his arms off of me. "It's been awhile." I half assed smiled.

"I know, blame it on me." He looked down at his shoes and took a deep breath. "Don't leave." He looked back up at me.

"It's harder than you think." I swallowed.

"I'm sure you've heard 'I love you' a lot lately, so I'm gonna say something else."

"Go on Casanova." I laughed to myself.

"I don't love you, actually I despise you with every inch of my body." He walked closer up to me. "If it was illegal I'd slaughter you."

"How, I'm interested?" I walked up closer to him. We were chest to chest.

"First I'd grab a steak knife."

"Boring, everybody does that." I complained. "At least make it memorable."

"Patience child." He shushed me. "Fine, I would hit you on the back of the head with my guitar." He chuckled, I even laughed a little.

"Well I hate you more babe." I playfully hit him in the arm. He grasped my arm though and suddenly shoved me up against the wall, rattling the bookcase.

"Don't make me kill you." He tightened his grip around me.

"I'd like to see you try." I bit my lower lip. He leaned in closer to me. I felt his breath against my skin. I leaned up to him. Our lips touched for one second before Steven came barging in.

"Sophie, baby!" He stormed over to us. Izzy backed off of me. Steven hugged me viciously. "Aren't you the woman of the night." He growled and looked me up and down. I could feel Izzy's stare on him. "I like the fishnets." I pushed him off of me.

"Didn't know you were here too." I groaned.

"I'm not, just leaving." He looked over at Izzy. "Goodnight love birds." He left the apartment without a single trace.

"That was interesting." I walked over to Izzy confidently. "So what were you saying about murder?"

"You can't leave Sophie." He turned back to seriousness.

"Ugh, here we go again." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, here we go. If there is even a slight chance, I want you here." He seemed so concerned.

"Does everyone know? Maybe we should tell the world about it?!" I quickly strolled past him and opened up the window to the outside city. Izzy pulled me back in from around my waist.

"Are you crazy?!" Izzy panicked

"Quite possibly I am pregnant."

"Then you shouldn't go, it's final." He kissed me passionately. I felt none of it though. I only felt seclusion. Everybody wanted me to stay, right when I was finally ready to leave. Saul's words went through my head. He used to to say I was better than them all. Now, I believed it. I was done being held down. My family doesn't talk to me, William cheated on me, Saul is an alcoholic, and now the mystery man decided to reappear. I snapped.

..............................................................

"They ended up just being a toy. Played so hard burned her life away, Lies were told no promises made." Nice Boys, by Guns N' Roses