Part 24: Don't Cry

..............................................................

"How are you feeling?" I smiled and fluttered my eyes open. William hovered over me. I sighed and leveled myself up.

"What time is it?" I muttered under my breath.

"Doesn't matter hun." He sat down beside me.

"Freddie is going to kill me, ugh." I groaned, putting my head into my palms.

"Don't sweat it, are you okay though?" He tapped my back.

"I'm fine," I stood up.

"What's going on?" He stood up beside me.

"What do you mean?" I swatted the hair out of my face.

"You've been acting so distant lately, you don't even sleep here anymore. Then I get a call from Duff saying you fainted in a parking lot. What were you even doing with all of them?" He frustratingly asked.

"I don't know Will, I just don't know." I crossed my arms.

"I'm trying to work with you right now, don't push me away."

"Wow, says the person who has done nothing but that. I let you into my home, you use my money, and then do heroin! You expect me not to push that away?"

"Now don't you-" he pointed his finger at me.

"No, don't you try changing the point!" I slapped his finger down.

"What do you want me to say Sophie? Do you want me to give up music, runaway with you, and then disappear into obscurity? I've worked to damn hard for that!" He shouted at me.

"I want you to stop doing heroin and maybe get a personality change." I shoved past him. He followed me into the bedroom, where I was packing up a few items and putting them into a small suitcase.

"What are you doing?" He complained.

"What does it look like?" I shut the case.

"Don't leave, c'mon!" I walked past him. "Where are you gonna go?" He followed me out.

"Somewhere you aren't." I faced him by the door.

"Just hear me out."

"I've been hearing you out for months, the band may stay but I'm sure not."

"I'll quit heroin alright?" He walked over towards me.

"Ha!" I strutted over to him viciously. "You're gonna quit? Bullshit Will, bull fuckin' shit!" I turned back around.

"Don't call me Will." He snapped.

"Then what do you want me to call you?" I moaned.

"It's Axl now." He crossed his arms.

"Like the car axle? Whatever 'Axl', I'm still leaving."

"Leave then, leave like you always do."

"I didn't want to fight with you Will."

"Axl,"

"Axl," I gripped harder onto the brass door knob. "You started this."

"Blaming me again I see."

"I guess I'm really not one to judge either, but running away isn't one. I'm the one that awoke in late hours to no one." I turned around again to face him. "I mean I wish I could slam you for cheating on me for Eveline, but I can't." His face expression softened. "It's not like I didn't know." I turned back around to the door and swung it open. "I just wish I knew who you really are now, because you sure aren't Will." I slammed the door behind me, I didn't even want an answer. I knew it was useless.

I called a cab as I stood in the dark streets of L.A. I watched people and cars pass by me as we shuttled by. Funny how people change. Once you were a baby, innocent. Then you're an adult with values and secrets. I wanted to be innocent again. I didn't want to be me.

The cab dropped me off in front of the address I gave him. I paid him what was needed, and watched him speed passed me as I was left in the cold wind. I rubbed my stomachs and muttered to myself "what have I gotten myself into," then walked up to the door. I softly knocked upon the chipped white door. As I waited, there wasn't a person in sight not a sound to listen to. I only saw darkness.

"Hey?" Duff wiped his long blonde hair from in front of his eyes. "Is there something wrong?"

"I need to tell you something."

..............................................................

"Give me a kiss before you tell me goodbye." Don't Cry, by Guns N' Roses