Part 19: Estranged

..............................................................

"So I'm thinking red, ya know?" William held up a blood red shirt.

I sat on the corner of my bed, spaced out. I was still absorbing in Duff's words from two days ago. I don't know why I was just then thinking about his words, but I was. It was my time to act, then maybe I could finally get a reaction out of the man. All I needed was just a little push.

"Do you love me?" He froze at my question. The shirt fell onto the ground. "I'll take that as a negative, great." I stood up, emotionless and walked out of the room. Too big of a push.

"Wait," he grabbed my shoulders and shifted me around. "Don't you think that was a little bit off setting?"

"No not really." I shrugged off his hands.

"How about we talk about this later after my show and-"

"We shouldn't need to Will, just tell me." I stared him dead in the eyes. "It isn't a big deal, you're right." I patted him on the shoulder, then walked over toward the door. "Have a good concert babe." I smirked. He still looked at me confused. I shut the door quietly behind me.

As the door closed and quickly slammed my self against the nearest wall and slid down. I covered my mouth. My eyes got red, so I shut them. If there was one thing I knew, it was William. I knew what he met. I knew how I felt. I had no reason for those feelings. If he didn't want me, I should be with the one who did.

I ran across the streets of L.A. People passed me by as I shoved my way through the endless crowds. My thick brown hair stuck on my face. Sweat rolled down my body. I didn't even take a taxi, just more of my time taken away.

When I got to the apartment complex, I ran up the stairs. The elevators were out of order on each floor. Once I got to the top, I sped to room 707. I banged on the door multiple times, and if nobody answers I knocked some more. No use after two minutes though, he wasn't there. I sat down by his door. I fell asleep...

"Um, Sophie?" I woke in a panic. I breathed deeply and smiled. Saul stood tall over me with a sincere expression across his face.

"Oh my god," I practically suffocated him. I hugged him tightly with passion. His guitar was still behind his back. "How was the show?" I separated from our hug, still touching his muscular arms.

"It was usual I guess, are you alright?" He looked at me peculiarly.

"That's great," tears kept rolling down my face.

"Will was acting weird, does this have anything to do-"

"I don't care about his problems anymore. He's not my problem either. I've started thinking, well about what you said." I paced around him. "You were right, I should just cut off connection with him. He doesn't care, I should be with someone that area, right?" I asked indecisively.

"We should go inside, eh?" He had his hands on both of my shoulders.

"Good, good."

He unlocked his door. I walked through first, as if I were going some where more important. He kicked the door once he got in, and placed his guitar down by the door. He walked over to me. I sat on his springy couch.

"So what's up?" He sat down by me. I stood back up. I could tell my movements were already tiring him.

"I've been enlightened!" I paced back and forth again, waving my hands around. "I don't need a man, all I need is myself."

"Right, didn't you just say you wanted to be with someone who cared about you?" He still sat on the worn out couch.

"Don't twist my words around."

"Whatever," he mumbled.

"Like who would anyways, I'm psychotic. I bounce around from emotion to emotion, maybe I'm bipolar?" I stopped in front of him. He was obviously still trying to get over the alcohol from earlier.

"Woman, you drive me crazy!" He shot up. He towered over me like a statue. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in. "Close your eyes."

"Why?" I asked out of breath.

"Can you just close your damn eyes?" I shut my eyes at his command. "Now breath for gods sake." I took a deep breath. "Now, you are not crazy. You are simply confused."

"No I'm-"

"Don't talk." He cut me off. I closed my mouth. "Keep breathing." I started taking rapid deep breaths. "Now, he does. Will just isn't the best at communicating. He adores you though. He fought so much to have you and he wouldn't throw all of that work away." I opened my eyes. He looked into my soul, even though it was dark.

"What about last week then? He slept with her and you know that."

"That's not what-"

"Are we still talking about him Saul? Like really, last week you tried giving a reality check. Now you're trying to get me to forgive him." He kept staring at me dead in the eyes. He never wavered.

"I just got back from a two hour show, I'm exhausted. It's almost three in the morning, and you're asking me these questions. What do you want from me?"

"I want your opinion."

"I've told you before, I think the asshole doesn't deserve you and you should be with someone who actually appreciates you."

"Ugh, you're just tired. Go to bed Saul."

"That's what I e been trying to do!" He tried walking away, but I pulled him back.

"Don't leave me." I pleaded. "I waited out by your door for three hours man."

"Why?!" He grabbed my hands from around his shoulders, and held them.

"I don't know why, I don't know anything anymore."

"Neither do I." He said exhaustedly.

He came closer to me and slipped his hands around my neck. He leaned in and touched my lips. His devoured mine viciously. His hands expanded up around my face. His lips fit mine in perfect placement. Every piece of my mouth were around his. He held my face tightly. His tongue drew circles around my mouth. I became limp to his touch. He started kiss down my chin and neck. My eyes rolled to the back of my head. He held my hands at my side. He pulled away from the top of my breasts. "Can we sleep now?" I only nodded.

We fell asleep in each other's arms on his bed. Unlike the first time Will and I got together, Saul never asked anything more from me. He just wanted my company, and I wanted his.

..............................................................

"How could you say that I never needed you, when you took everything." Estranged by Guns N' Roses