Chapter 17: Thinking of you

6:00 AM, a time where no human being should even be remotely conscious, is the time where he decides to wake me from my slumber. I grunted loudly, showing my annoyance. I heard a small sigh that was then replaced by the sound of a quiet giggle. Interested at why I was being laughed at, I turned to look into the British man’s face. He was obviously amused by this hatred of mornings I have.

“How can you be so happy in the morning?” I asked.

I had thrown my legs out from under the covers and had stood up with a yawn before he replied with: “Someone has to be, I suppose.”

I sighed. “You don’t make sense at all.”

This caused an even brighter smile to appear across his thin lips. “Neither do you.”

I had just enough time to wolf down two donuts and a cup of tea before I flew out the door, fearing to be late. I then looked down at my legs and realized I was still in my boxers. I cursed lightly, flinging the door back open.

 I walked in on a confused Englishman who was now staring at me questionably. I stared up at the ceiling for a brief moment, remembering a time where this had happened before.

“We don’t have to leave for a long time, do we?” I asked, realizing.

“I was wondering when you would catch on,” he said,” We have two hours, at least.”

I rubbed my hand angrily through my blonde locks. “Seriously, dude!? Why’d you wake me up then!?”

He placed a delicate finger on his chin, looking like he was thinking. “Oh, why was it again?”

“Britain!” I yelled.

He smiled again. “Sorry, I just couldn’t resist.”

I stormed through the house, throwing my fists in the air. “Now I can’t possibly go back to sleep! I hate this!”

I felt his hand on my shoulder, presumably trying to calm me down. I used to do this as a kid too so of course he would know exactly how to calm me. I think Britain was the only one who really could handle me back then and it still seems to be true even today.

 I had realized what I truly felt about him not too long ago but confessing words were not easy. I had trudged over them for a whole week, unable to say them. I decided to try it again, this seeming to be the most perfect moment. I placed my hand over his, causing a little bit of a jump from him.

“America?”

“Britain, I uh- I don’t know how to say this. I’ve been trying to tell ya that I- that I-“

He clutched tightly onto my hand. “You’re nervous about going, aren’t you?”