Chapter 9: Jealousy

Chapter 9- Jealousy 

When I arrived home my ears were filled with the sound of kind filled words and  laughter. My nose was filled with the beautiful scent which was like cherry blossoms. I came back to my senses and slowly turned the corner to see where the noise was coming from. The noise sounded the loudest in the living room so I turned the corner to find two figures standing there under the light. When I looked closer I saw two of my old friends.

Standing there was the Brit and Japan who I had avoided earlier. I was about to walk up and apologize but something stopped me. As the two conversed they both seemed to be so… so happy. They were smiling so brightly that my smile faded in response. Why was I hesitating?

I noticed the way Britain was so open with him. Like he could tell him anything and didn’t have to hold anything back. He never acted that way around me. He always hid something from me, even if it was for my own protection. So why did he talk to Japan now? Have they always been this close?

My chest got tight as I turned my head away. I didn’t want to look at them anymore. But why? Why did I feel so horrible inside? I wasn’t apart of this so why did I even care at all? 

Then I realized Japan must’ve come here to talk about the trading. He wouldn’t just show up here for no reason, he had a purpose. Since I knew that was true I pretended like I just returned home and walked into the living room with a wave and a smile. Britain seemed to just shrug me off as his smile faded and he looked toward the floor as he crossed his arms.

“Herro America-san.” Japan said politely, bowing to me.

“Don’t be so formal. So what’s up?” I asked.

“Well my boss wanted to make sure everything was going correctly as we planned.” 

“I see, about the trade right?”

“Hai”

“Well I would rather our bosses talk it out. I trust him to make that sort of decision.”

“I figured as much from you America-san.”

He almost seemed disappointed in me as he sulked away and excused himself from my house. That would be a long journey home for him to go all the way back to Japan. I hoped he made it there safely. I waved as he drove back and I got back a polite nod from his head. His way of waving back to me.

I closed the front door and found Britain making that same face at me as before. What was the point of him even moving from the living room to here? He just kept that same face. The face that made me feel like I was inferior. Like I wasn’t good enough.

“Don’t you have something to say?” he asked, a slight hint of anger in his voice.

“Not anymore. It’s not worth mentioning.” I said as I brushed past him.

My face seemed to be frozen in the same frown. I had no need to fake a smile when I wasn’t happy. I was in my home so I didn’t have to fake anything. I had the right to do what I wanted here.

When our shoulders touched he grabbed mine with his hand and forcefully pinned me to the wall. He looked at me with serious eyes. Eyes he only ever made when I made him extremely angry. When I tried to look the other way he would just push me back up against the wall to make me look at him again.

“What?” I asked, almost emotionless.

“You! You just stand there and act all calm! What is it with you?!” he asked, demanding an answer out of me.

“Dude it’s called serious. It happens from time to time.” I said sarcastically, lips still in a frown.

“Don’t sass me! What’s wrong with you?!” he yelled back.

“If anyone’s acting weird it’s you. You just stood there pretending like I didn’t exist. How do you expect me to feel?!” this time it was me who was yelling.

He seemed to take this to heart as he let go of his grip and just stood there staring at me with what was now a sad look on his face. He looked like one of the kids who just lost their pet. It was almost the saddest look you could make. I slightly pushed him away gently so I could move and after giving him one last glance, began to walk off.

He, again, grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back to the wall. I opened my mouth to yell at him but the words wouldn’t come when I looked at his face. His smile was set into a smirk and his hand was on the bottom of my chin. A shiver ran down my spine as he ran the fingers of his right hand all the way from my chin down to my sides.

I tried to just walk off but he used his left hand to pin my other hand to the wall above my head. He ran his fingers up my shirt down my chest. My face was so red that you could probably see it erupting in the next few moments. A small grunt escaped from my lips as he tickled my sides. He just seemed to snicker in reply.

“So now what are you going to do now that I’m paying attention to you?” He asked.

Again the words wouldn’t come out of my throat. I wanted to pull away but then again I didn’t. At what point do you draw the line and say it’s too much? I wasn’t sure. He leaned in closer and began to lift up my shirt.

I felt the peck of his lips as he gently kissed from my stomach to my chest and eventually to my neck. He kept kissing my neck until he used his tongue to lick the back of my ear. Then his lips went away from me as he gently touched the rim of my pants. I knew exactly what he was about to do and I wasn’t gonna let this go any further.

“S…Stop it!” I yelled as I shoved him away.

I heavily breathed in and out, in and out. My heart was racing a hundred miles an hour and my face, so flushed you could probably not even make out what it used to look like. I looked at him with serious eyes and he seemed to understand my meaning. Finally, his snicker disappeared and the face of an extremely embarrassed Englishman remained.

“I’m sorry!” he said.

He then turned the corner and shyly ran away from me. He was like a whole other person just then, like a monster came out of him. I didn’t want to let him know he can have me so easily. If anyone was going to do that I would want it to be the face of the real England.

Wait a minute! What am I saying? I yelled at myself for thinking such things and ran to the couch and threw my face into a pillow. I didn’t need my thoughts making problems now. 

“You stupid idiot…” I chanted to myself over and over until I fell asleep.