Chapter 6: Taken

Chapter 6- Taken

As soon as I stepped out of the car I was confronted with loud yells and the sound of loud laughing. Out of the shadows stepped a few men who had sneers of madness on their faces. They were here for only one purpose. Only one thing could’ve led them here. They hatred they held for me.

“Look it’s poor little Alfred. Where’s your daddy huh?” They laughed.

“What do you want?” I asked.

I closed the door behind me and gestured for the Englishman to wait inside the car. He didn’t need to get into this. He had already hurt enough. I couldn’t have him dying on me. Especially because it would be because of me.

“We simply want you to turn over England. He’s taken something from us and we want it back.” they continued.

“You guys really think I’m gonna turn him over just like that? You’re more stupid than I thought.” I smiled as my comment took effect on them.

They frowned with anger at my comments. These type of people were only trouble and hated to be made fun of. They were punks who only wanted something to steal or someone to kill. Just anything to satisfy their thirst to sin.

“Shut up America! You don’t have power here anymore. The people have chosen themselves over you. You don’t get to make the calls!” They yelled back.

My heart sunk for a moment. They spoke the truth this time. They were absolutely right that no one really wanted me around anymore but that wasn’t going to stop me from still helping them out. I had to make it up to them for being a failure to them.

“They may not need me anymore but you still live under my flag and as long as I’m here I’m not going to allow you to do that! There’s no way you’re getting him!” I spat in their faces.

“As you wish.” a voice said from behind me.

I felt a small thud on the back of my head as my vision began to fade. I had enough strength to turn around and look at the green jacket. What was he doing? I told him to stay inside.

“What are you?” 

“I’m sorry America. I can’t allow them to hurt you.” he said.

I realized the thud came from him as he hit me again with his fist. Before I could even stutter another sentence my vision faded into the world of black. I collided with the ground and the scent of dirt filled my nostrils. Those were the last things I could feel. That and the sound of my heart.

When I awoke I looked at the ground that I had fallen asleep on. The sun was shining brightly and no sight of the evil guys or Britain were to be found. He must’ve left with them to protect me. He always was trying to help me but doesn’t he realize he’s the one that needs to be saved?

“Damn that Brit!” I yelled as I stomped my foot.