Chapter 19: Try

Chapter 19: Try

As I awoke the next morning my body didn’t even want to wake up. I just lay there, staring at my ceiling for hours. How can I force myself out of bed when my head and my body utterly refuse me? I didn’t want to go to school, even more than usual. I had no business in school except to sit through boring lectures and to see my favorite person, who obviously didn’t want to see me.

Apparently I wasn’t allowed to sleep in today. Without them even trying to be quiet I heard a pounding on my door. It wasn’t even a knock, just a banging like the person desperately had to get in. Who wanted so desperately to talk to me at this hour? That was when I looked at the clock, it was noon. I stared at my ceiling for longer than I thought. I suppose it’s normal for someone to come here but why were they being so loud about it?

As I lifted myself up I wondered if it was my boss. My boss was still worried about this whole relationship thing with Britain, no matter how many times I tried to reassure him it was over. I can’t blame him though; I still can’t seem to believe it’s over either.

I still think about him all the time. I once had him in my arms and now he’s just slipped away. I didn’t know when I would see him again. I dreaded every minute of my existence without him, it seemed. Now that I truly let my feelings out for once and had been cut off, I didn’t seem to want to move on. I wrapped myself around him but it was only a distant memory.

I forced the tears back as I stumbled my way over to the door, not even bothering to put on a shirt. I was in white pajama bottoms and you could see the line of my boxers at the top. Whoever was coming would just have to forgive my laziness.

When I opened it up my eyes widened with shock. With his fist raised and in only his pair of boxers, came the one I wanted the most. He was breathing heavily, like he had just run all the way here. His face was flushed, but not in the embarrassed way. What the hell was he doing here?

He slapped my shoulder, stumbling inside. “About time you showed up, asshole! I’ve been knocking for hours!”

I looked at the clock and scratched the back of my head. “It’s only been two minutes.”

With an angry glare he pushed me aside. “Whatever, you still should’ve been there!”

I grew annoyed. He only came here to yell at me? What was his problem? “Look if you’re gonna be that way then you can get out of my house.”

He ignored my, grabbing my wrist. He studied the inside closely, finding a black star tattoo. “When the hell did you get this!?”

Now he was demanding answers from me? “Whenever you weren’t around. You never would’ve let me while you were here.”

“What were you thinking!? This is permanent, wanker! Take it off!” He yelled as his grip strengthened.

I pulled my hand away, putting that hand on my hip. “In case you don’t remember I’m a grown man now. I can do what I want; I’m not a kid anymore! And you don’t have the right to tell me what to do!”