Lucas

It's been a week since Maya first opened her eyes. I remember starring into their deep blue, and it's like watching her see the sun for the first time. Hey eyes locked with mine, and her smile so wide it looks like it would hurt. "Maya." I said. The tears as they ran down her face. "Lucas!" She started to cry harder. 

"Maya what's wrong?!" I had asked her. She just shook her head. "I just hadn't seen you in a month. I had my memories,but now looking at you it's a major insult!" I remember how I leaned over her, and kissed her, how the heart monitor went wild, making me laugh. As we break apart, she looked at me with pure joy. 

"I saw her Lucas." She says, bringing me out of my memories. I had just brought her some lunch, and it had been quiet. Every now and then when I see her, she just looks at me and smiles, then looks up at the ceiling. 

"You saw who?" I ask curiously.

"Maylee."

"Who's Maylee?"

"Our daughter." 

What?!

"Maya, what are you talking about? We don't have any kids right now. We're not married, or even adults yet!"

"I know. I saw her. The day that I died. I went to heaven, and saw my parents with a little girl. She looks just like you with my hair and eyes."

"Well that's too bad!"

"It is not! She's beautiful!"

"I'm sure she is, if you're her mother."

"We did really good. She's gorgeous."

"Maya, did you really see her?"

"Of course. She is five years old, well then anyway, and her name is Maylee Rose Friar. She has long light blonde hair, and the deepest, prettiest blue eyes. Rosy cheeks and pink lips. She even had dimples!"

How Maya can see this, I don't have a clue. But I'm glad she can finally see a future with me. We talk about the future until she falls asleep.