Maya

I watch as Lucas leaves through my window, taking my heart with him. I feel sad because of the break up. Angry because he doesn't trust me. But most of all, betrayed. He lied to me. He told me he would never leave me. And he left. He told me he loved me. And he broke up with me.

 I thought he was going to be my forever. I would finally get a perfect life. The perfect boyfriend. A family of my own. But I guess I'm just not ment to have a fairytale ending. I still couldn't believe he broke up with me. 

As I look around my room, all I see is him. He created this room. I need to get away from here. I need a fresh start. Someplace new where I can be someone else. Then it hits me. Florida. Maybe I could move in with my family. A new place, a new me. 

Quickly I pull out my phone. It's 4 am. I don't know if I should call my dad.... but I do anyways.

"Hello?" He sleepily answers. 

"Dad." I manage to choke out. I'm still crying from the break up.

"Maya? Honey what's wrong! What happened!"

"It's... nothing-"

"Maya you can tell me anything. You know that right?"

"I do, and I'll tell you later. But can I ask one favor first?"

"Anything."

"Can I move in with you?"

"Maya what brought this on?"

"I promise to tell you everything later. Just... Trust me, okay?"

"Okay. The plane leaves at six am. We will buy you new clothes, and everything you need for your room. Can you meet me at the airport in an hour and a half?"

"Yeah.... see you soon."

"Okay bye Maya. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hang up, and dress quickly in a pair of black jeans, and a pink top. I twist my hair back in a half up half down style, my ends still curled in their usual wave. Finished, I look around. Breathing in deeply, I take out my suitcase from under my bed. I know my dad said I didn't need to pack anything, but I want to bring a few keepsakes. Looking around my room, I take pictures of me, Riley, Farkle.... and Lucas. I want to remember him. Even if I can't have him. I still love him.

I pack everything I have from my mom's house, my favorite pair of converse, my art things, my guitar, the blanket Topanga gave me when I was five and had the chicken pox, the stuffed hippo Farkle gave me, the trophy I won for best artist in seventh grade, Riley's locker she gave me.... and Lucas's jacket. The one he let me wear at our first official date. The one he let me keep. The one that still smells like him. 

Taking one last look at my head room, I spot Holly. Curled up, asleep in her bed. I take out a small cardboard box and place her bed inside. I give her one last hug before putting her inside the box. I leave it open, so she can breathe. I quickly scribble a note to Lucas. It says,

"Lucas. I know we broke up, and I wanted to return Holly. I have decided to move to Florida, and it's just another reminder of the love we don't have. Please take good care of her. Love her, even though you don't love me. Thank you for everything, and I'm sorry it didn't work out. I guess this is goodbye. I hope you have a good life. Marry someone who will treat you better than I treated you. Have kids, and never leave their side. I will always love you in a way. But please don't spend your time thinking about me. Move on. Find a girlfriend, go on tons of dates, and when the time comes, ask her to Marry you. Goodbye Lucas. Sincerely, Maya Hart."

I quickly run to Lucas's house, leaving Holly on his doorstep before leaving again. When I return to the Matthews it's 5:07. Now comes the hard part. I walk towards Corey and Topanga's bedroom, taking a deep breath before walking in. 

"Can I talk to you guys?" I ask timidly,  standing by the door.

"Of course Maya, what's wrong?" Asks a sleepy Topanga, gesturing for me to sit on her bed.

"I talked to my dad.... and I've decided that I want to move in with him." I say hesitantly.

"What why?!"

"I... Lucas broke up with me. I think it's best to get a fresh start. Thank you both so much for everything. I promise to visit every now and again. But I- it's for the best."

"Okay Maya. If this is what you really want... What time does your flight leave?"

"6."

"Okay. It's 5:15 now. Are you ready?"

"I am."

"Lets go then. Let us hurry and get dressed."

"Okay. I'll go say goodbye to Riley."

"Okay."

I walk out, and head towards Riley's bedroom. This is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. I knock softly before walking in to tell Riley the bad news.