Maya

I sat on Riley's bed with her. She and I were both in tears. I told her everything. About me seeing Maylee, what Lucas told me about Missy, what my dad told me at the restaurant, about our fight, the break up, my phone call with my dad, leaving Holly at Lucas's, and going to tell her parents that I wanted to leave. 

"Maya you can't leave! Your entire life is here."

"No. You're here. That's all I have. Lucas and I broke up. My family is in Florida."

"We could be your family."

"You don't get it.... that's your family. I'm just the best friend with a crappy life. I want my own family."

"So tell them to come up here."

"Right. Why don't you have your family move down there?"

"I see what you mean."

"Yeah..."

"So this is goodbye?"

"No. Not goodbye. Just.... see you later."

"Promise to keep in touch?"

"Of course. I'll face time, text, and call you every day."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more."

"Can I see you off to the airport."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

She smiles, and we link arms for the last time. The car ride to the airport is silent, yet so loud. Riley and I sit in the back seat, my head on her shoulder, the tears still silently streaming down our faces. When we arrive, I spot my dad, and I hug Corey, Topanga, and lastly Riley goodbye for the last time.

"You ready to go Maya?"

"Yeah."

The airplane ride is silent. I plug in my ear buds, and let everything else fade to grey. The music is all so sad. All about a breakup. Unfortunately I can relate to their pain. I close my eyes and endure the ride to Florida.

Maya's Breakup Playlist:

1. Last Kiss -Taylor Swift

2. Goodbye - Miley Cyrus

3. The Way I Loved You - Selena Gomez

4. Before The Storm - Jonas Brothers

5. Stay Away - G Hannelius

6. When She Cries - Britt Nicole

7. White Horse - Taylor Swift

8. Keep Holding On - Avril Lavinge

9. Don't Forget - Demi Lovato

10. Because Of You  - Kelly Clarkson