Epilogue: Maya

It's been almost a year and a half since I moved in. My step mom and my dad are really nice, and so are my siblings. I get along with everyone at school, though I'm mostly alone. I still think about him every day. I doubt I'll ever get over him, and if I do it's just not going to be the same. 

I still remember when u first moved in. My sister, Tess was so nice. Her real name is Theresa, but she went by Tess. I really looked up to her, more than I will ever let on. She us always giving me tons of advice. She was gorgeous too. Long dark brown hair, and beautiful blue eyes. She's short. Shorter than my five feet four inches. As for my brothers, Tate and Tyler, they were fun. I liked to swim with them, and have an occasional basketball game with them. I usually hung out with Tess though. She was like my best friend, and reminded me a lot of Riley. Tess was very scholar, and artsy. She loves to dance, and attended classes multiple times a week. As for me, I tried it but eventually dropped out, deciding it wasn't my thing. My parents are both really nice, we have family nights on Mondays and Saturdays. They introduced me to their church, and I've been attending every week since. 

I still talk to Riley and Farkle. Ask them about New York, and their lives. They ask me about mine. I can still remember how I felt one night when Riley called me. "Hey Riles how's New York? Good... except that Lucas left."

"Left? Where on vacation or something?"

"No. He moved."

"Where?"

"Texas."

"He moved back? When? Why?"

"I don't exactly know. The day you left Farkle and I stopped talking to him... he just said some things and we decided we were better off without him. He left a week after that."

"I see." I said. But inside I was slightly torn. He left New York. I didn't know why... but I couldn't shake the feeling that I had some part in this. In his moving.

 I guess he's gone for good then. He and I will never see each other again, and it just wasn't meant to be.