Lucas

I stroke mayas cheek, looking in her deep blue eyes. Eyes that were once filled with happiness, laughter and hope. The same eyes now filled with sadness, anger, but most of all, betrayal. I want to take it all back, get on my knees and beg for her forgiveness. Instead, I sadly kiss Maya for the last time. Even though I still love her. Even though I still want her. I need her. Tears start pouring down her face when we break away. I turn and leave through her window. Maya's gone... because of me.

 I walk home, and lay on my bed. It feels like my head is spinning, racing a hundred miles an hour. But what could I do? How could I have made her see my reason for leaving? It's not that I don't think she doesn't trust me, I know she does. And I trust her,and I know her father, I felt it too. I could feel that he changed. I just don't want her to get hurt. Not by her father, but from me. Long distance relationships are hard. I should know.

 When I lived in Texas, I had a girlfriend. Melanie. She was fun, I showed her the in things in life, and she kept me out of trouble. Before I met Maya, I thought she was perfect. And it was perfect. Not like it was with Maya,but it was a good relationship...and then she moved to Washington. We tried to make it work, we really did. We would face time, Skype, call, text... nothing worked. It's like I was dating a ghost. I love Maya too much to do that to her. I know that it's only a weekend. But I also know Maya. 

She would love it with her family and.... she would move to Florida. I know how she is, she would try to make it work, but like with Melanie...it wouldn't. I just had to. For her happiness. Maybe if fate be willing, we would meet again. But let's just face reality. I just lost the best thing I ever had. 

I pick up a white guitar. The one that I was going to give Maya for Christmas in a month. It's a very nice guitar. I had it personalized. Her name engraved in the neck. As for the guitar, it's white with black flowers around the sound hole. In cursive writing entwined with the flowers, it says, "Music  isn't just a past time, or something you listen to. It's emotions pouring out in a way that people can understand." I begin strumming a sad song.

"You said it in a simple way 4 am the second day. How strange that I don't know you at all. Stumbled through the long goodbye. One last kiss, then catch your flight. Right when I was about to fall. I told myself don't get attached but in my mind I play it back. Spinning faster than the plane that took you. And this is when the feeling sinks in. I don't wanna miss you like this. Come back, be here. Come back...be here. Guess your in Florida today, I don't wanna loose you this way. Come back be here,come back...be here.The delicate beginning rush. The feeling you can know so much, without knowing anything at all. And I know I can put this down if I had known what I know now. I never would have played so nonchalant. Taxi cabs and busy streets that never bring you back to me. I Chantell but wish you took me with you. And that's when the feeling sinks in. I don't wanna miss you like this. Come back be here. Come back...be here. Guess you're in Florida today. I don't wanna lose you like this. Come back be here. Come back... be here. This is falling in love in the cruelest way. This is falling for you when you're world's away. New York... be here. But you're in Florida and I break down. Cause it's not fair that you're not around. This is when the feeling sinks in. I don't wanna miss you like this. Come back be here. Come back... be here. I guess you're not in New York today. I don't wanna lose you this way. Come back be here. Come back... be here. I don't want to miss you like this. Come back... be here. Come back... be here."

I finish the song tears streaming down my face. I've heard of break ups being hard. I knew they were hard. I didn't know that when you've found your soul mate and you loose her...... you loose yourself. You loose everything you've ever had. The emotions of love you once had are gone. Like she stole your heart, and you're a lifeless body. 

Maya. Adorable, Beautiful, Caring, Daring, Enchanting, Fearless, Gorgeous, Hilarious, Indescribable, Jovial, Kind, Lovely, Musical, Nurturing, Optimistic, Perfect, Quirky,Radiant, Smart, Talented, Unique, Valiant, Witty, Xenodochial, Young, Zesty.

Maya. She's unlike anything I've ever known. We're like puzzle pieces, made for each other. I lie in bed awake, even tough it's 4 am. Maya. For the past four, almost five years she was all I could think about, all I cared about. But now she's gone. And now I'm alone. Lost. Broken.