Chapter 20

Kali

I had to get the fuck away from Jacob cause' I know if I didn't, my anger woulda been displayed at a public place. I'on need to be acting like a ghetto black bitch, confirming white people's beliefs about black people. This bitch Michelle just don't get enough. Like what the fuck is up with her ?! That gold digging hoe so tired.

After the taxi pulled up to the hotel, I thanked the driver and paid him, leaving a healthy tip. I was beyond furious when I heard the word 'HIV' leave Michelle's mouth when she advised Jay to get checked out. That means I gotta get checked out too and that there's a chance I could have contracted HIV from Jay if he's positive.

All of these thoughts ran through my mind as I entered the elevator, making my way to the tenth floor. When I got inside of the room, I started packing all of my stuff. I continuously beat myself up mentally for taking him back after he fucked up. Not to mention, I let him convince me into staying here in New York instead of moving to LA like I planned after graduating.
Damnit Kali, what the fuck ?

I always promised myself to not let a nigga drastically interfere with my career and most importantly my life. But it's cool cause' now I'm aware of how silly I've been and I know what not to do from here on out. I hadn't realized I was crying until I walked past the mirror with my bags.

Thoughts of the outcome if I am HIV positive attack my brain and my sobs become louder, as I sink down to the floor. My sobbing grew louder but then I realized I gotta get my shit together. So, I got up, called Nick and asked if he could pick me up. Without hesitation, he said yes.

I was just leaving out when Jay came into the suite with a guilty look on his face.

"Kali, baby please don't be mad at me. I told you about the last time I fucked Michelle and we moved on, remember ?"

"Jacob, we agreed to move on, I never said what you did was right. Not only did you cheat on me with a tired ass hoe but it's a good chance you're HIV positive. Which puts me at risk, too. How could you be so selfish ?!" I cry.

Falling to my feet, Jacob pleads,"Baby she's just hating on what we got, we can get past this. Kal just tell me we'll get through this together."

"I'm sorry but I can't. Jacob I can't let you keep doing this to me, I'm done."

I grab my bags and walk to the elevator. I get in, press the ground floor and immediately close the doors. As I get in Nick's Jeep, I hear Jacob yelling my name. Nick looks at me with a confused expression.

"Drive, drive as far as you can."

_________________________
Two Weeks Later

I was on my way to retrieve my results for the HIV test I'd taken last week. I drove alone after convincing Nick I could handle the results by myself. Over the past couple of weeks, I've prepared myself for the good and the bad and I've decided if I am HIV positive, I will still live my life to the fullest.

When I pulled up to the clinic, I took several breaths, simple inhales and exhales. I walked in and went straight to the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, I'm Donna. How may I assist you today ?" The brown skinned woman said.

"Hi, Donna. I'm Kali Maguire, I'm here to pick up my results for my lul test." I emphasized the last word.

"Pregnancy test ?" She asked bluntly.

"Noooo, not at all. More like an HIV test." I whispered the second sentence.

"Oooh, I'm sorry. Just take a seat, gimme a minute to grab them for you."

"It's okay and thank you." I smile.

After I sit, I receive a text from Nick:
What's going on? Did you get your results yet?
Immediately I reply:
No, I didn't get them yet. I'll let you know when I do.
Nick:
Okay.

Just then Donna calls me up to the front desk to get my results. Jesus please help me.

______________________________
Kali's Results In The Next Chapter.
What Yall Think ?
Positive Or Negative ?
Jacob's POV Next Chapter.. Well Maybe.
Comment & Vote,
~Riiee ✌✨