Chapter 8

When I get home , I kick my heels off, rub my feet and unzip my dress. Before flashbacks of what just happened with Jacob get a chance to attack my brain , I decide to go to sleep.

The next morning around 11, I put on some shorts and a crop top and head to IHOP. I eat for a while , until Jay calls me. As if I was expecting the call, I pick up right away.
"Hey, babe. What's up ?" He says. Confusion running through my mind, I ask myself, Did he forget how he acted last night ?
I decide to brush the thought off and I say,"At IHOP eating , but I'm done now ."
"Damn , no invite. I see how it is." Laughter evident in his voice.
"I'll wait for you to come. I mean, if you want me to."
With that being said, the phone hung up. I take that as confirmation of my invitation. Within the next 30 minutes, Jacob walks in with 2 buff guys with him.
Confusion clear on my face, Jacob says,"Kal, this is Ken and Drew. They're my bodyguards but we're pretty close."
In unison, they say ,"Hi Kali."
I wave as Jay tells them to take the rest of the day off and they leave.

Unexpectedly, Jacob picks me up and kisses me repeatedly at a quick pace.
I scream with laughter begging to be released. He puts me down and we slide into the booth where I was sitting.
"I miss you soo much." Jacob says.
"That's cute but we saw each other last night. Even though, you acted like an ass." I respond.
"I know and I apologize for that. I was a little jealous but now it's official we're together."
He smiles, gesturing toward the people outside taking pictures of us.
"Jacob, is tha-
"Yes, that's paparazzi." Practically laughing as he completes my sentence.
He continues,"Obviously, you're uncomfortable, so I'll just take my food to go."
I nod and we head out. We decide to stop to my dorm to allow me to drop my car off.

I lock my car and hop in the passenger seat of Jacob's Rose Royce.
We ride in silence for what seems to be a half hour and pull up to a mansion. By the word 'Butler' on the gate, my thoughts are confirmed that this is Jacob's house. He punches in some numbers, the gates unlock and he parks right in front of the house.
Jacob gets out and I do the same.

He opens the door to the house and says,"Welcome to the Butler palace."
I smirk and walk in swiftly. Not surprised by the decor and expensive furniture, I take a seat on the grey couch. I sit my flip flops behind the couch and reach for the remote control.
Smirk across his face, Jacob says,"Pretty comfortable, aren't ya ?"
"Is that an issue ?" I retort.
Before he can answer I say, "Awe okay, I didn't think so."
Just as the words leave my mouth, Jacobs tackles me while I'm on the couch. He tickles me for awhile then stops and stares at me as if he's reading my soul.
"Why are you staring at me like that ?" I say,interrupting his thoughts.
His words slow and assuring," I was just admiring how beautiful you are. It's really amazing how humble you are."
I smile,"Thank you. It's better to be humble than arrogant."
Jacobs nods and pulls me closer to him. He leans in to kiss me and I do the same. Feeling the intensity, I pull back.