Chapter Ten

"Hang on a minute." I told Roy as we approached my little abandoned garage in the middle of the forest. I told him to wait outside as I opened the large metal shutter with my arm.

The lock was broken and it was too heavy for just any human to open by himself. So it made me a little more secure knowing that if any assholes wanted in they'd have a hard time trying for it.

It had been difficult to convince Roy to follow me here, he had been very skeptical when I described where I lived and who could blame him? I sounded like I was taking him to a r^pe dungeon in the middle of the woods. I too would be freaked.

"Oh god, you really live here?"

I turned to nod at him. "Welcome to my palace."

He chuckled softly but I could see the worry still evident on his face.

Still, he would have to suck it up.

We had a limited time to do this before the full moon returned and since his mother was consistently home every evening at the exact time he returned from school we had no other choice but to take our asses to my little tramp cave.

"Stand to the side Roy, I'm going to move the van out in a second."

He looked at the beaten up rusty looking van and with doubt evident in his eyes. "You sure that's going to go anywhere?"

I opened the door. It was broken, the doors remained open all the time since the lock no longer worked and the key had permanently rusted in the keyhole. I had never bothered to take it out or use it before. I basically just used the thing as a storage space anyway. If I could help it I transformed at night and slept in a cave or some other animal designed crevice in the ground.

I slept better in transformation. When I was a wolf I found it harder to think about complex matters or rather, overthink on them. And it made everything seem so much simpler.

"I have a couple gas cans in the back if I ever run out, along with practically everything else."

"O-oh... That would explode it will it?"

I shrugged. "If it does, it does. I always take the van out before I light a fire anyway so it shouldn't."

He gaped at me, his mouth slightly parted. "Would an explosion not kill you?"

"It might." I admitted. "I'm not sure how much I'd mind that though."

A sad look crossed Roy's face before he paused and nodded, stepping back as the motor revved up more chaotically than necessary.

That was one amazing thing about Roy, he knew when to shut up. I didn't need him to tell me that I shouldn't think that way or that I don't mean that. I didn't need pity. Shit like that just clicked the on switch to my rage when people thought they knew better than you about issues currently affecting you.

No, bitch, just because you've been through what I've been through does not mean you get to take a moral high ground over me.

I got out of the car and hurried back into the garage waving my patient little Roy inside.

"It's messy in here." Was all he said as he entered. And I couldn't deny that the bluntness of it turned me on a little.

"Yes it is."

"Why is there a garage in the middle of the woods?"

"I'm really not sure." I replied honestly.

"Just randomly a garage?" He asked again.