Chapter Twenty Two

The door opened and I jumped, literally went up in the air a couple feet, and and my lips lightly brushed Zacks as I moved. He scooted away from me his eyes wide with fear as he looked toward the doorway, his hands behind him clutching the kitchen counter.

There was Adam and Denis, staring at us.

The silence was a cold one, a very unsure uncomfortable one.

Denis was the first to break it. "This has been a quick step up the ladder of events."

My face was red. Why did I feel like I'd gotten caught by the headmaster shagging his pet.

Zack's face in turn was pale, white as a sheet. He looked almost sick with fear, nauseous.

"Zack you know I'm going to have to let our alpha know about this." Adam said. Almost no emotion in his voice, just stern command.

Zack didn't move, he just leaned back against the counter absolutely frozen still. The only movement came from his trembling bottom lip.

I wasn't sure what to say anymore. I felt like anything and everything I wanted to say would sound too submissive, too pleading. I didn't want to sound submissive.

But I needed to reassure Zack.

"Tell him what? Nothing happened."

His head snapped to me for a second then he looked away but he still said nothing. If this kid didn't play along I was going to be very pissed. I wasn't even lying! Not really, we didn't kiss on purpose, I mean we were about to... But we probably wouldn't have! Probably..

"You know what just happened, we all saw it."

"I only ended up touching him because you shocked me! I moved! That's all it was!"

"Why were you so close in the first place then?"

That I didn't have an answer for and I fought not to bite my lip like I always did under pressure.

"I had something in my eye."

Denis looked very upset right now and his look was so piercing that I momentarily forgot the situation at hand. There was no way he could care so much. I got that Castus was his alpha but it wasn't like I was bonded to Castus. I wasn't yet their lunus. So why did he look so absolutely pissed off? Did he like Zack? Because if he did he showed no sign of it while we were hanging out. But he was staring at Zack. Like he expected some kind of response from him, glaring, almost like he was hoping for Zack to look up and notice his look. He definitely liked him. Oh yeah.

Denis started walking towards us. "Zack is this true."

Zack looked down at his feet. "Yes." He mumbled. God, could he sound any less believable?

"Look at me Zack! Now!"

Zack's posture abruptly changed and he was standing stock still staring him in the eyes.

"He had an eyelash in the eye and you were what, helping him out?" His voice was wildly interrogative and it was to such an extent that Zack almost looked confused at the attention he was getting from the man.

However he didn't dwell on it for long because it wasn't big enough a circus show to side track him from the fear of retribution for his mistake. For our mistake, that he was going to get the shit ripped out of him for.

Even I knew that compared to him I really wasn't the one in the shits for this.

"No."

I stared at him with wide eyes.